We brought these USB to RS-232 Adapters in and verified their compatibility with Windows XP, and Vista. Includes drivers links for the operating systems.
They work well with the Easy Digi digital interface.
YOU NEED TO LET US KNOW WHAT MAKE AND MODEL RADIO YOU WANT TO HOOK YOUR INTERFACE TO SO WE CAN PROVIDE THE CORRECT MICROPHONE CONNECTOR FOR YOUR RADIO.
In some cases (such as a kenwood ts-2000), there is an accessory jack on the back of the radio which can be used instead of the microphone connector and external speaker jack. If you want that type of connection, let us know, and we will do our best to accomodate your request. Please keep in mind that not all accessory jacks have all the right signals on them to do this. There must be: RX audio, TX audio, PTT, and ground.
Note: Version II indicates a new printed circuit board layout. Exact same circuit, just configured a little differently to make assembly easier.
No, we didn’t re-invent the wheel, we just made a convenient, single board, isolated, digital interface that works for almost all of the digital modes on HF and VHF/UHF. Works with DIGIPAN, FLDIGI, MTTY, MMSSTV and most all other sound card programs! Work PSK-31, PSK-63, RTTY, SSTV, NBEMS, MT-63, JT-65, plus many other modes on your HF or VHF/UHF rig. You can also use this interface to control a simplex repeater using "Echo Station" software.
Please note that the RTTY mode is RTTY(AFSK) as produced by MTTY software.
This interface will NOT directly drive any type of printer, it simply interfaces your radio to your computer with isolation. All operating modes need to be sound card based.
THIS IS THE EASIEST LEAST EXPENSIVE WAY I KNOW OF TO GET ON DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS.
COMPARE TO THE COST OF A RIGBLASTER™ OR TNC!
HOOK UP TIME IS ABOUT 1 MINUTE AND YOU ARE ON THE AIR!
NO JUMPER HEADERS TO FIGURE OUT, JUST PLUG AND PLAY!
Nothing new about this technology, it consists of two 600 ohm line transformers for audio input and output from your pc to your transceiver, and an opto-coupled push to talk circuit that works off of an RS-232 port on your computer.
- Transformer coupled audio eliminates ground loops and AC hum on your signal
- Opto Coupled push to talk circuit also eliminates ground loops and false triggering of your PTT lines.
- Very small size, only 3 13/16”L x 1 9/16”W x 3/4” H, can be mounted using the built in mounting tabs in just about any convenient location.
- Case made of durable ABS Plastic for long life.
- Built in RS-232 DB-9 cable with connector, approx 18” long, connects to serial port on any PC
- Built in microphone cable approx 18” long connects to any microphone connector.
- Weighs less than 3 ounces
- High quality FR-4 double sided, solder masked, silk screened Printed Circuit Board
- Compatible with most modern ham radio transceivers.
- For those whose PC only has USB Ports and no serial port, a USB to Serial adapter can be used.
- If using Windows 7, make sure your USB to serial adapter is compatible with Windows 7.
- Contact us for more info.
These interfaces have been tested on Kenwood TS-120, TS-530, TS-570, TS-930, TS-50, TM-261A, TM-G707A, ICOM IC2100H, ELCRAFT K2, ALNICO DX-77M, even a Cobra 148 XL DX (modified for 10 meters), and many other radios.
Simply hook up per the enclosed wiring diagram and load your software, configure your com port, turn on the radio and have fun on your favorite digital mode!
Fully wired and assembled version in a mountable ABS plastic case w/18” RS-232 Cable and 18” microphone cable for the radio of your choice.
PLEASE ADVISE YOUR RADIO MAKE AND MODEL SO WE CAN WIRE IN THE CORRECT MICROPHONE CONNECTOR. IN SOME CASES IT MAY TAKE SEVERAL DAYS TO OBTAIN THE CORRECT MICROPHONE CONNECTOR.
Note: Requires 3 each 1/8” audio cables to connect from pc to interface and from radio to interface. NOT included.
Please see our “other items” for other versions of this interface.
A NOTE ABOUT CUSTOMS FEES - for our offshore customers, customs fees are somthing we can not control. We declare actual value on customs forms and list it as "Amateur Radio Apparatus". Customs fees are your responsibility.
There are drivers for: Android, CE Driver, Linux, Mac, win2000, winVISTA_WIN7, winXP-64, and winXP-2003 included.
RECENT CUSTOMER EMAIL:
"Well you might have to put me on a commission. The interfaces are far betterThan MFJ products or the Signallink units.
I get on our local digital net and I get great reports on data quality, so I let everyone know what I am usingAs an interface
and you get another unit shipped."
* "Best deal anywhere on sound card interface works very well no issues tnx "
* " Working well no issues mounted in my project box on air in 30 after open pkg"
* Nice eBayer. Good item. Thanks!"