G.E. CG-1-A16 Monitor Top Refrigerator
You're looking at a General Electric CG-1-A16 Monitor Top Refrigerator from the 1920's. This particular refrigerator has tons of history associated with it. Not only is it adorned with gold plated trim, but this unit was rumored to be owned by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. It came from President Roosevelt's Winter home in Arkansas according to Gilbert Wright (Gilbert Wright was the Senior Museumologist for the Smithsonian, as well as the Curator for the Illinois State Museum and the Florida State Museum.)
This unit is in working condition. The paint is in impeccable condition. There are a few very small dings here and there but overall it is in very good condition. If you'd like more detailed pictures of a particular area, please let us know.
Please note that antiques and collectibles are sold "as-is."
Measures approximately 61"H x 23"W x 20"D.
"During the decade they were made, GE sold well over a million Monitor Tops, aided by an advertising campaign that extolled their reliability in preserving food. The Monitor Top, GE's ads said, 'Makes It Safe to Be Hungry.'
Old-appliance buffs estimate that thousands of the machines are still in use. That's because they were built to last. Each part, from the tiniest screw to its thick steel casing, was designed to work for at least 25 years, according to an internal GE engineering document. The average modern refrigerator has a lifespan of between five and 19 years, depending on the model, according to a recent survey provided by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, a Washington-based trade group.
'We get calls and notes from consumers all the time, from customers who still have the refrigerators their parents had, and they just want us to know it is still around and kicking,' says Kim Freeman, a spokeswoman for GE's Consumer Products unit. GE no longer services or makes parts for the Monitor Top."
- We accept Visa, Mastercard or Paypal
- Immediate payment is required upon winning auction/purchase
- We are required by California State Law to add 7.75% tax to every purchase within California
- Shipping via common carrier freight line is FREE within the continental United States to tractor/trailer accessible addresses! Shipping via North American Van Lines, the industry standard in shipping amusement games, is also available for an additional fee and will require a freight quote prior to shipping/purchase.
- We can also personally deliver within Southern California from Oceanside to the San Fernando valley to the Arizona/California border (along I10, near the Coachella Valley.)
Please be aware that returns are not accepted for this item. We encourage you to call us with absolutely ANY questions or concerns you may have at (760) 343-5177. We are happy to provide you with additional pictures of this item upon request.
Gameroom Gallery's showroom is located in the sunny desert of Southern California, and is home to amusements of all kinds for your personal entertainment. We carry everything to make your gameroom the envy of your friends and family: New pinball machines from Stern as well as many classic machines, state-of-the-art new Rock-ola jukeboxes (plus classics from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's,) arcade games, poker games and tables, air hockey, foosball, darts, shuffleboard, sports merchandise and memorabilia, as well as one of the largest supplies of gameroom art in all of Southern California. We have a broad selection of everything imaginable to make your home fun! We have clients coast to coast, and are comfortable shipping any of our merchandise directly to your home. It is impossible to list our entire inventory on eBay. If you are looking for something "special" - give us a call or send us an eBay message and we'd be happy to help!
- Shipping within the Continental United States ONLY. Sorry - No International Shipping
- Freight items may not be shipped to a Post Office Box
- Paypal Confirmed Addresses Only
- Larger items that ship via freight line may take several days to prepare for shipping. We are extremely thorough. Every pinball, jukebox, arcade game, etc. receives a check-up prior to arriving on our showroom floor. Once the item is purchased, it receives another. We pride ourselves on customer service and want everything in tip-top shape before it arrives at your door. Then we take our time to properly palletize and mummify it in cardboard, stretch-wrap, and bubble wrap. We want the fun to arrive at your door working exactly as it did before it left our hands, so we humbly request that you please be patient while we do the job right!
- Your item will ship fully insured for your protection. Purchaser will be listed as insured, if any damage occures during shipping purchaser will be responsable for filing claim and deductable. Deductable is between $50.00 - $100.00. While damage during shipping is extremely rare, it does happen. Please note that if it appears that any damage has occurred during shipment you MUST report this damage to the carrier BEFORE signing for the shipment. In some cases, if the damage appears to be severe, you may need to refuse the shipment. You can always call us with questions on how to proceed during delivery, if necessary. We cannot accept responsibility for damage that occurs during shipping, however we will make every effort in making it right should it occur.
- The freight carrier used varies depending on the item sold and the delivery address. You will be notified with a carrier, PRO# and carrier contact information once your item is picked up and is on its way.
Your feedback is absolutely critical to our success. We ask that you leave us positive feedback with five stars in all categories. *If* for some reason you feel you are unable to do so, please contact us and give us the opportunity to resolve any issues you may have. We promise we'll do the same for you. We pride ourselves on taking care of our customers!