OEM, Bulk, Plain Box products have the following features:
- No fancy packaging (Plain box product comes in a plain box, OEM or Bulk - in an anti-static wrap.)
- Accessories may differ (Accessories that usually come with the retail version may or may not be included.)
- User's manual may differ (User's manual may be abridged or not included. Please use Manufacturer's web site for complete manuals.)
- Software bundle may differ (Usually those products include drivers, but not include additional software that comes with the retail version of the product.)
- Technical support from manufacturer may differ (Usually manufacturers do not offer full technical support to end users on these types of products. The cost of technical support that you pay for when purchasing a retail version is not included when you purchase OEM, Bulk or Plain Box version.)
- Warranty period may differ (Please check the warranty on the item description. If it differs from 'normal' manufacturer's warranty, we specify the warranty in the product description.)
Retail - These products you will see on a retail store shelf. Packages include accessories and bundled software advertised by manufacturer. They are intended for an end-user.
Multi-pack - Products are packaged in bulk by 5-100 pieces per box. Multi-pack products usually come with one Manual and one set of Drivers per box, not per item.
Retail Open Box - This is new product in the original packaging but has been opened and possibly used for a short time, usually a demonstration unit. Since these items can not be advertised as Retail product, they are sold as 'Open Box'. They may not include all accessories that usually come with Retail Packaging.
New Pulls/OEM - Products are New, usually purchased in Bulk by us. This equipment was disassemble from whole new units for reselling. Products do not come with software or instructions unless indicated. Products are inspected by Compuvest technicians to ensure it is fully functional.
Factory Refurbished - Products are Refurbished to the exact manufacturer specifications by the original manufacturer in a certified refurbishing center. Products may be used or unused and have been cleaned, quality checked and tested, they have been serviced if needed by the manufacturer's certified center. Factory Refurbished products can have minor cosmetic blemishes and may or may not come with Manuals, Batteries or Back up Disks, unless indicated.
Refurbished - Products are refurbished by a 3rd part facility, not the original manufacturer. These products may have minor cosmetic blemishes due to normal usage. Products have been tested and generally have never had any defects. Products may or may not come with Manual, Batteries or Back up Disks, unless indicated. Compuvest ensures these products are cleaned to our highest standards.
Reconditioned - These products are required to pass a careful assessment and testing by Compuvest Technicians before they are released to the customer. These products are packaged in their reconditioned form and may include basic accessories such as Cables and/or Batteries, check the item description for detailed list of accessories.
Used Pulls - Products are pulled from a whole used unit for reselling, it is purchased by us in Bulk and may have minor scratches and blemishes. These products do not come with Software or Instructions unless otherwise indicated. Compuvest Technicians have inspected this product to ensure it is fully functional.
'Extra Life' Tapes - 100% Guaranteed for life. Only tapes that pass all phases of the process can be sold as 'Extra Life'. A visual hands-on inspection for mechanical and cosmetic defects is conducted; all labels and barcodes are removed. All data is destroyed using data tape and drive manufacturer approved processes, this insures the security and confidentiality of the data. Tapes are tested to insure their performance with acceptance standards higher then original OEM standards for new tapes. Packaging includes new case, new j-card insert, security seal, shrink-wrap and cardboard sleeve. 'Extra Life' tapes will be recognized and treated by the drive the same as blank, new tapes.