This Listing is for ThinBrick "Sample Boards". Click the “See other items” link above to the right to find our listings for "Corner" Pieces and "Flat" Pieces.
The pricing is for one Sample Board
Order up to 3 Samples Boards and Only Pay the Shipping Price for 1
Our ThinBrick is cut from new, kiln-fired, full-size, clay bricks. The full-size bricks are first made to exceed the highest brick standard according to American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) standards. The bricks are then tumbled to give it an “Old World” appearance. Finally the brick face is sawn off into ½” thick “Flat” or “Corner” pieces.
Other manufacturers extrude the clay into thin tiles before kiln firing and this results in a less than true brick appearance. Still other manufacturers produce thin brick from old salvage used brick of unknown quality. Our ThinBrick is always produced from newly manufactured full-size brick and is heads above the other types of thin brick.
12 standard colors mean this brick is a fit for nearly any décor. Transform any room into a modern, exposed-brick loft, or satisfy your taste for elegance and tradition with brick accents, reminiscent of an earlier time.
Add prominence with a brick ceiling, archway or cobblestone floor. Leave a wash of mortar on your ThinBrick wall for a more distressed look. Outdoor kitchens and fireplaces are perfect for ThinBrick. The ideas are endless.
If you don’t see a color that you like, please contact us for information on custom colors.
ThinBrick is suitable for both interior and exterior installations and is packaged in easy to handle boxes for both the contractor and the Do-It-Yourself homeowner.
7.1 Square Feet
5.5 Linear Feet
ThinBrick is 80% less weight than a standard brick and it can be installed in a manner similar to standard tile.
Our ThinBrick is classified as “Modular Size” brick, which means the face of the brick is approximately 2-1/4” Height x 7-5/8” Width and is 1/2” thick.
In addition to the “flats” we also have “corners” which help to make the installation appear to be a full thickness brick.
Send us an email to request our Installation Guide
How Much Do I Need?
Calculating how much ThinBrick you’ll need is simple math!
1) Measure the width and height of all areas to be covered. Multiply width by height to determine the total Square Footage (SF) of the surface area.
2) Estimate the “Corners” required by measuring the total height of the wall corners to be covered. This will equal the number of Linear Feet (LF) of ThinBrick Corners needed.
3) Since the Corners will also cover some of the SF you can subtract 75% of the Corner LF calculation from the total SF calculation you made in step #1. This will equal the number of SF of ThinBrick flats needed.
4) Add an additional amount for “waste factor” which is breakage that may occur during shipping, handling and installation. Typically this is 5 to 10% depending upon the complexity of your installation.
You should order a little bit more ThinBrick than what you calculated to ensure that you have enough to complete your project.
Needing “just one more box” can be costly due to the shipping costs.
· Width of wall: 15 feet
· Height of wall: 10 feet
· Height of corners on each end of the wall: 10 feet (two each)
1) Corners: Multiply Height x Each: 10’ x 2 = 20 LF
a. Multiply Width x Height: 15’ x 10’ = 150 SF
b. Multiply 75% x LF: 75% x 20’ = 15 LF Use this number below in (c.)
c. Subtract (b.) from (a.): 150’ – 15’ = 135 Total SF of “Flats” needed
3) Add for Waste Factor:
· Corners: 20 LF x 110% = 22 LF
· Flats: 135 SF x 110% = 149 SF
4) Convert to Boxes:
· Corners: 22 LF / 5.5 LF per Box = 4 Boxes (round up to a full box)
· Flats: 149 SF / 7 SF per box = 22 Boxes (round up to a full box)
Selecting a Color
We strongly urge you to purchase a Sample Board before ordering your ThinBrick.
Digitally displayed colors can sometimes not be representative of the actual color and texture. Our Sample Board has pieces of the actual ThinBrick and helps you to identify the color blend that you can expect. These Sample Boards are inexpensive, so you may want to order two or three of the colors you are considering to finalize your choice.
If you purchase 10 or more boxes of our ThinBrick we’ll refund the amount you paid for the Sample Boards, excluding the shipping costs.
To help ensure reliable delivery of your ThinBrick we will ship it via LTL (Less Than Truckload) Freight Carrier. The boxes of Corners and Flats will be shrink-wrapped on a wood pallet.
Standard delivery is approximately 5 to 7 days from receipt of payment.
You have three options for receiving your ThinBrick:
1) Delivery to a commercial location with a loading dock and forklift is the least expensive way to receive your ThinBrick.
2) Pickup at the freight carrier’s distribution center near your location. Depending upon your location this type of service may or may not be available.
3) Shipping to a residence can add to the shipping costs. Upon delivery you will need to be able to unload the boxes from the back of semi-trailer (~48” height). Since truck drivers may not be able to assist in unloading by hand you may want to have arranged for someone to help with the unloading. If you are unloading by hand you’ll want to have a sharp knife to cut and remove the plastic shrink-wrap.
You may also request that we add “lift-gate” service to your delivery, which will provide for delivery via a special truck that can lower the pallet to street level. Lift-gate service can add to the shipping costs.
Although the boxed ThinBrick can be easy to handle, use care if unloading by hand and know your limits for this type of physical activity.
Contact us with the quantity of ThinBrick you will need and we’ll work with you to establish the best method of shipping for you.
Occasionally, you may find some minor breakage which occurred during shipping and unloading. This is normal for our ThinBrick and in most cases these broken pieces can still be used in your installation.
After removal from the kiln our brick is placed into a tumbler to give it that “Old World” used look. Therefore chips are normal.
However, it is important that you thoroughly inspect the product before signing for and accepting the shipment. The freight carrier is responsible for excessive damage that occurred during shipping and you must identify that damage before receipt.
If you discover damage make note of this on the Bill Of Lading (BOL), take pictures and then contact us for assistance.
Return Policy & Warranty
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns of the ThinBrick and therefore we are unable to provide refunds or credits.
We do our best to help ensure that the Samples Boards are representative of the blend of colors and textures of the actual ThinBrick which will be shipped to you.
During the manufacturing process we strive to maintain consistency in our ThinBrick, however since they are made from natural materials there may be some variance in the color and texture of our ThinBrick.
There are no warranties expressed or implied for our products.
BEFORE YOU ORDER
1) “Measure and Calculate Twice” to make sure you order enough to finish your project.
2) Order Sample Boards before selecting and ordering ThinBrick for your project.
3) Request an estimate for your shipping costs. Provide Zip Code and if your location is a business or residence.
4) Contact us with any questions that you may have.