03 04 05 06 Pontiac Vibe 1.8-Liter Engine (78,000 miles)|
This listing is for one used OEM engine. This engine may have attached accessories that need to be removed or re-oriented for appropriate installation; in other words, some engines will fit in multiple vehicles but may need the accessories re-arranged to fit correctly. This rearrangement is the responsibility of the installer. These accessories may include, but are not limited to: distributors, manifolds, water pumps, electronic components (like switches, sensors and cables), fuel system components, belts, and hoses. If any accessories are attached, they have been included to make installation convenient; however, they are not part of this listing, and are not covered by the warranty. There is no "core charge" for this engine.
Please read the "PRODUCT INFORMATION" Notes CAREFULLY for any issues the listed part may have.
If you can't find the engine you need in our eBay store, please message us; several vehicles are dismantled every day and our stock is always changing!
Due to human error, occasionally an engine may turn out to be missing, damaged, or otherwise unsellable when we wrap it for shipping. If this happens, we will contact you immediately and offer you a complete refund or a replacement (if available).
Please message us before ordering if you have any questions or would like better pictures (please allow one business day for photos).
Thank you for viewing this item. If you were unable to find the part you need, please contact us, we probably have just what you are looking for. Please visit our eBay Store to see more of our IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP items.
||PONTIAC VIBE |
||78000 Miles (0 = not available or unknown)|
||2-02,1.8 E08B20 |
This part will fit these makes and models with these options
MATRIX 03 (1.8L), VIN Y (5th digit, 2ZZGE eng, XRS)
MATRIX 04 (1.8L), VIN Y (5th digit, 2ZZGE eng, XRS), thru 4/04
VIBE 03-04 (1.8L), VIN L (8th digit, opt LNK)
VIBE 05-06 (1.8L, 4-112), VIN L (8th digit, opt LNK)
The warranty is only valid to the purchaser of this engine, and does not convey with the engine to future owners. If this engine knocks excessively or develops excessive blow-by or excessive oil consumption within one hundred one (101) days from the date of purchase, it will be repaired, replaced, or the purchase price will be refunded at M&M's option.
This limited warranty is void if this engine:
- Is used for any purpose not intended by the manufacturer.
- Is improperly maintained.
- Is disassembled or damaged.
- Is overheated.
- Is not properly installed and adjusted in a commercial automotive repair facility, within 7 days of delivery, by a technician who is ASE certified for the part type purchased.
- Is used in high-performance, off road, or commercial vehicles.
To validate the warranty, the following routine maintenance components must be replaced at or before the time of installation: timing belts, timing chains, accessory belts, hoses, spark plugs, water pumps, thermostats, filters, all fluids and all exterior seals. The vehicle's engine cooling system must be flushed and checked to confirm that the cooling capacity meets OEM requirements. While most of the fluids have been drained from our engines prior to shipping; it is the installer's responsibility to completely drain and replace all fluids, lubricants, and filters with fresh, unused OEM equivalents during installation. Damage caused by a failure to correctly replace any of these components is not covered by warranty. Any outstanding Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs, found at www.nhtsa.gov) must be resolved prior to installation.
If this engine does not function properly, it must be diagnosed by Car Inspector (http://www.carinspector.us/
) before it is removed from the car, before warranty work is performed, and/or before a refund is made. Removing the engine from the vehicle without authorization from Car Inspector will void the warranty. Car Inspector is a neutral third-party warranty validation company. Operating the vehicle after a problem has been discovered will void the warranty. Upon initiating a warranty claim, you will be required to provide appropriate record of the installation date, mileage, VIN, and mechanic. Installation and maintenance receipts and other documentation will be requested as part of the warranty claim process. Installation must be completed by an ASE certified technician within 7 days of delivery date, and the work indicated below must be performed and documented at the time of installation. Problems caused by improper installation are not covered by this warranty.
To complete installation:
- -Clean oil screen and pickup tube
- -Install new timing belt or chain, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, belts, hoses, exterior seals, and filters
- -Fill with engine oil and any other required fluids to the proper levels and using the proper types in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's guidelines
- -Flow-check the radiator and replace if necessary
- -Pre-oil the engine prior to first startup
- -Change oil and oil filter after the first 600 miles
- -Change oil and oil filter once every 3,000 miles thereafter
- -Service the vehicle at proper intervals in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer's guidelines
M&M Auto Parts is not responsible for any labor charges, damages, or loss caused by installation, removal, or use of this merchandise or any other consequential damage. By purchasing this part, the customer agrees to jurisdiction and venue in Stafford County, Virginia for any isssues concerning this sale.
There is a thirty (30) day limit, starting at the date of delivery, on the exchange of incorrect parts. The customer is responsible for ordering correct parts.
- M&M's engines ship to business locations within the Continental United States via LTL freight truck; the cost is determined by your location. Contact us for an estimate! Residential liftgate service is available for an additional fee.
- Two-Day/Expedited and Overnight shipping are not available.
- Shipping is not available to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or PO Boxes.
- International Shipping is not available.
- Pick up at our Stafford facility is available, please message us about your purchase to arrange a time. We're open for pickup from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Engines will be shipped within 1-2 business days of purchase.
- Please allow 5-10 business days for delivery. Most areas in the US are within 5 business days.
- We accept credit card payments via PayPal through "Buy It Now".
- We accept direct payments from a PayPal account through "Buy It Now".
- State sales tax will be applied to all orders shipped to an address within Virginia.
- If you have any questions, please message us or use the "Ask A Question" link above. We try to answer all messages within 24 hours, Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM (Eastern Standard Time). If you have questions about a specific part, please message us before purchasing.