Why buy diamonds from eBay?
When that special time finally comes and you understand that you now have to go through the experience of "buying the engagement ring" it can be quite confusing.
Whether you are walking up and down the diamond district in New York, maybe going to your local jewelry store in a small town in Nebraska or buying off of eBay you may notice that the prices may differ drastically.
Why is that? After all it's the same diamond ring?
The answer to that is YES it is! Prices change by thousands of dollars between one place to the next for a few reasons:
- Jewelry stores are supplied with their diamonds by diamond wholesalers who buy their diamonds in large quantities. Wholesalers buy their diamonds from diamond manufacturers. There are only a select few diamond manufacturers who have the privilege and rights of receiving their diamonds straight from the mines.
- Jewelry stores, for example, in the New York diamond district have access to better prices because of the abundance of diamond wholesalers in the New York area. But by the time the diamond is sold to the store it has gone from a diamond manufacturer to a diamond wholesaler to the store and then of course to the final consumer. And YES everyone has added their profit so that they can make money.
- The local "mom and pop" jewelry store goes through the same routine but they do not have access to the large amount of diamond wholesalers, thus not having the option to bargain for the price between competitors.
On the other hand these "mom and pop" stores do not have the competition of other neighboring jewelry stores, which allows them to demand a higher price.
- eBay is a great platform that enables diamond and jewelry manufacturers to sell straight to the consumer, letting us cut out all the middle men which in the end saves you thousands of dollars. That is why most eBay prices are so much lower than a traditional store and why Internet sales are growing at a rate of 30% per year.
Now that you have understood the adventure a diamond takes until it is put on your loved ones finger we can get into the reasons one would buy a clarity enhanced diamond???
Let's start with a little terminology:
- Inclusions: Imperfections inside a diamond, such as tiny spots of white, black, or other colors; large or small cracks; colored and uncolored crystals.
- Clarity Enhanced: Clarity enhanced diamonds are 100% natural mined diamonds which undergo a state-of-the-art enhancement process which makes the inclusions (that are present in every diamond) invisible to the naked eye.
The average person wants, of course, to put the biggest most beautiful diamond on their loved ones finger for the lowest price.
This is completely understandable but not everybody has the money to spend when they are asked to pay $10,000-$15,000 for that 1ct diamond ring.
That's where Clarity Enhanced Diamonds enter the picture!!!
Even when buying on eBay, diamonds can still be above the budget you had planned to spend. That is why clarity enhanced diamonds are a great option to consider.
With today's state-of-the-art technology it is now possible to take naturally mined diamonds and make the inclusions that were visible to the naked eye now invisible to the naked eye.
The Bottom line:
You are now able to buy that 1.00ct diamond that she really wanted for thousands of dollars less thus getting MORE (bigger diamond with better clarity) for LESS (thousands of dollars less).
- If this guide answered a few questions of yours and you felt it was helpful please vote YES below.
- If you have any questions regarding diamonds, whether clarity enhanced or not, please feel free to contact us at anytime.
Good luck to all,
Jonny from the MY-DIAMONDS family