A wool coat can be a very costly investment especially if a designer wool coat like a Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Ralph Lauren or Brioni is purchased. Wool coats are very important part of a womans winter wardrobe. There are wool coats that can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars. These wool coats come in different size, style, wool weight and wool types to name a few. Some are business blazers and others are pea coats.
Due to the wide variety of choices available it takes some consideration when buying a wool coat. You have to decide how much you are willing to spend on a wool coat. Whether a designer coat is necessary or fits your lifestyle. How cold it it in your area and whether you travel alot to colder climates. How long do you want your coat to last? With all this information you can then decide to buy your wool coat.
There are several advantages with wool fabric.
- Wool is water resistant thanks to the lanolin in the sheep wool but you can be left smelling like a wet sheep when it snows heavily or it gets wet.
- It is also wrinkle free if stored properly. If it gets wrinkled just lay it out for a while and they disappear.
- It is an excellent insulator and can keep you warm like no other material can.
- It is always in style and can be designed beautifully no matter the weight and texture.
There are also disadvantages as well:
- Besides smelling like a wet animal when wet, It can become heavy when moist or wet.
- It also takes a long time to dry if it gets wet.
- Most wool materials have to be dry cleaned which is expensive and time consuming.
- It can be irritating to the skin as well and so getting one that is lined is encouraged to prevent itching.
- Lavae love to feed on wool and distroy it in no time
- It can be difficult to repair if damaged.
Wool coats come in different weight. Some wool coat are light enough to be worn in fall and spring. Others can only be worn during sub degree weather. What ever the texture and season wool always looks good on any body. For beautiful wool coats visit my Ebay Store. More will be covered in Part 2.