Have you ever wondered if it would be fun to try your hand at Pottery Painting? Just get your crafty self on the phone & find your local studio for tons of FUN!
Look under "Ceramic Instruction" for a Pottery Store. The Paint-Your-Owns differ from traditional ceramic studios in a few basic ways. All painting is done on Ceramic Bisque. That's the white stuff you see on the wall behind these young painters:
As you can see, some Paint-Your-Own Pottery Studios even give throwing lessons on the pottery wheel. In this case, you can make your own bowl before you paint it.
When you call your local studios, you might want to ask:
- What does it cost? Are your painting fees by the hour or do do you have a set fee for unlimited time? Are the glazing & firing fees included or extra?
- How do your prices compare with other studios in the area? For example how much for a mug & a dinner plate?
- Do you charge extra for colors? How many colors are available?
- What do you have for a Birthday Party Package?
- How long will it be before I get my piece back from firing?
- Are all your paints lead-free and food safe?
- Are you kid friendly? Our local studio has a play area for kiddos who finish painting before their Moms.
- What about food & drink?
Pottery Painting is fun & easy. The colors are so vibrant that just blobs of color look great. Your piece is going to be utterly wonderful because it is your own Masterpiece!
For the best Christmas present ever, take you kids to a Pottery Shop. Have then put their fingerprints on a plate, platter, or huge bowl. Add their names and ages and you have a gift for parents or grandparents that will be treasured for a lifetime!
This Fingerprint Tree could even be kids & parents prints and I think the Thumbprint Wreath would be a great teacher present.
It is all easy & FUN. Don't make it complicated and you will love it!