I am one of those types that like to try all of eBAY's new selling tools, and I have been using Markdown Manager for about two months now. Early results seem to indicate that it will be quite succesful. So far this month I have sold 86 items. 41 are from my eBAY store, and of those 14 were discounted 15% with Markdown Manager. For those of you who are curious - that works out to just under 33 % of my store sales. Not to shabby.
For those of you who have not tried Markdown Manager yet, you first need to go to MY EBAY. On the left hand side you will see Marketing Tools. Click on it, and you will find Markdown Manager under the category Item Promotions.. To get started click on Create Sale, and it will guide you through the process.
Basic steps include:
- Give your sale a name
- Choose a staring and ending date
- Pick a discount amount. Standard discounts start at 5%, and move up in 5% increments.or you can choose a dollar amount to discount.
- Next you need to select the items you wish to discount. The easiest way is to choose entire categories. You can also pick individual items if you wish.
- Regular store sellers are limited to including 250 items per day in their sales. Featured store users can release up to 2500 items in a 24 hour period.
- Select save and submit, and it will create your sale.
Try it. I think it will do a great job of helping to increase your sales.
If this guide helped, please rate it below.