Born on delicate moonlit nights, the Star Fairies have the power to grant your every wish.
STAR FAIRY DOLLS
All seven 6.5" Star Fairy dolls have swivel waists and moveable joints, with removable wings that snap on. They are all stamped Hornby 1983 on the back- although the packaging is all marked Tonka.
The doll collection includes:
- Sparkle(the Fairy Princess)
- Whisper(the Secret Wish fairy)
- True Love(the Love Fairy)
- Jazz(the Talent Fairy)
- Nightsong(the Dream Fairy)
- Spice(the Energy Fairy)
- Royal Princess Sparkle (very hard to find deluxe fairy- very fancy dress, hard plastic wings, crown)
STAR FAIRY OUTFITS
The outfits are interesting because they were originally designed to be the "Star Costumes" for the Flower Fairies dolls, (check out www.geocities.com/wyldethingsltd/starfairies for more info). Instead, the outfits were re-packaged by Tonka and sold in the U.S. as part of the Star Fairies line. There were 6 outfits in all:
- Golden Glow Evening Gown
- Shower Rain Cape & Pants
- Emerald Shy Dancing Dress
- Moolight Lilac Ballgown
- Pink Clouds Nightgown
- Twilight Party Dress
as pictured on star fairies
Below, as pictured on the Flower Fairies (in the 1988 Hornby toy fair catalogue)
There were only a few playsets created for the Star Fairies- a Castle, a Dressing room- and the Star Coach.
- Castle Wishstar (not pictured)
- The Star Coach with Lavender the Unicorn (below)
- Dressing Room (see below) - which was sort of a cat-walk type deal, with little closets, places to hang wings and outfits... played music when you opened it. Looks like a pink box from the outside.
- Lavender the Winged Unicorn (released alone as well as with coach)
- Kitten (flocked over soft pvc)
- Swan (flocked over soft pvc)
- Rabbit (flocked soft pvc)
The pets are made of soft rubber that is flocked. They are large enough for the fairies to ride. (they are all about the same size- the photos below were shrunk to fit into the ebay guide requirements) - I have found that ALL of the animals are REALLY hard to find as they are not easily recognizable as fairy creatures unless still in their packaging. They are all marked Tonka 1983 on the bottom.
- Have any extra info about this series? Please let me know and I'll add it!