Shopping at this time for year can be a real dilemma. Just what do you get some one who seems to have everything ? The answer to more and more consumers are gift cards.
But before you buy a stack of gift cards for the holidays, there are some things to consider:
1. Know the terms and conditions of retailers
2. When buying a card, ask about the expiration dates and fees.
3. Check out the purchase exceptions:
- For example, can the person use the gift card for only one specific store?
- Can the card be used only at one retailer (a brick and mortar locations only)?
- Is the card an "all-purpose" card which can be used for gas or groceries ?
- Can the card be used on-line to purchase items?
4. Treat the card like cash.
5. Check out the feedback of the seller and the number of feedbacks. Make sure they will deliver what they promise.