Are you looking for an inexpensive, easy to do project that will give your car a stealthy look, while at the same time will protect your interior from the harmful effects of the sun? Look no further than VHT SP-171 Sun Resistant Window Tint. VHT brings professional tinting capability down to earth with this colored, translucent coating that filters out the harmful glare of the sun, which normally penetrates glass. This unique material can effectively lower temperatures in cars or even rooms in your house with windows that are exposed to direct sunlight. Other suggested uses are:
- Boat windows
- Shower doors
One can covers approximately 20 square feet, and the coating is applied to the outside of the window. You'll probably need 2-3 cans to do the side & rear windows of a typical vehicle. Here's how easy it is to apply:
- Clean surface thoroughly to remove all dirt, grease, etc. and allow to dry completely
- Mast around glass with tape and a paper border at least 6 inches wide. Tape 10 layers of newspaper to the bottom of sprayed area to absorb excess run off.
- Hold can 4 to 8 inches away from surface being sprayed. Start a top left corner and spray horizontally to the right and back again, overlapping the previous row. Stop spraying 4 inches from bottom of the desired area and allow coating to flow downward. NOTE: Bubbles and streaks will gradually disappear.
- Allow up to 8 hours drying time.
- Unwanted coating can be removed with razor blade or paint remover.
- Remove masking to reveal a great looking and long lasting tint job!
For use on glass surfaces only. Do not apply in weather below 65 degrees F.