Any Time of Year, Any Size Unit, Any length of Stay, at Any RCI Affiliated Resort!
Points based timeshare vacation ownership programs are taking the world by storm. Timeshares are a simple, cost effective way to vacation once you understand how they work.
At The Timeshare Guys, we believe UNDERSTANDING is the key to purchasing the vacation ownership program that is right for you.
This RCI Points Guide is just part of our complete Timeshare Learning Center on eBay, a free resource for both current and prospective timeshare owners. The Timeshare Guys Learning Center and our Timeshare Guides have been created to give you a place to learn about all of the different types of timeshare that are available and then to choose the Timeshare Vacation Ownership that is right for you.
Click the link below to visit The Timeshare Guys Learning Center on eBay Home Page
click here -> Timeshare Guys Learning Center <-click here
Your Complete Resource for The Truth About Timeshare
We sell timeshares on eBay!
Be sure to visit our eBay store to see all our Timeshare listings!
THE TIMESHARE GUYS LEARNING CENTER RCI POINTS GUIDE
The RCI Points Timeshare Ownership Exchange Program:
- Basic Timeshare vs. Points
- What is RCI Points?
- How do I become a member of RCI Points?
- How do I know how many points I will receive?
- Enhanced Benefits for RCI Points members
- How do I make a vacation reservation and how many points will it take?
- Facts About RCI Points
- Instant Exchange
- RCI Points Partners
- Extra Vacations / Bonus Vacations
- Program Fees
Basic Timeshare vs. Points Overview
One of the main complaints of timeshare owners in the past was that it was not flexible and the ownership exchange programs were confusing. This was because the exchange program was based on trading power, where owners could trade their timeshare for another week of equal value. While these types of timeshare exchange programs do work, many timeshare owners have complained that trading power and resort rankings confuse them and do not allow them the flexibility to fit their personal vacationing needs.
Points Programs make owning your vacations EASY! With points, there is NO Trading Power, Seasonal Designation, or Resort Ranking; Points are simply Points. When you purchase a Points-based timeshare ownership program, it’s like you just opened a bank account that someone is going to make a deposit into for the same amount of money, or vacation currency in the form of points, every single year! Owners then get to shop for their vacations at an exclusive members only store.
There are many different points based timeshare exchange programs available in the market today. Just think of these different companies as a different membership club or store (Like Costco vs. Sam’s Club); you can only shop at the store if you have a membership. The number of points that you purchase will determine the amount of vacation currency that is deposited into your account each year.
While all Points-based vacation ownership programs offer their members added flexibility over the traditional Weeks-based timeshare exchange programs, the specific benefits of membership and point values are different from program to program.
You can also find more information about the other Points and Weeks based timeshare exchange programs in the
Exchange Programs Section – The Timeshare Learning Center
What is RCI Points?
RCI Points, also known as RCI Global Points, is the vacation ownership industry’s first globally based timeshare exchange program. It has quickly become the most popular choice of ownership for timeshare consumers available in the market today!
How do I become an RCI Points member?
As with all external timeshare exchange programs, the exchange company does not actually sell ownership at their affiliated resorts or memberships to their exchange company to those who do not own timeshare. To become a member of a timeshare exchange company, you must first purchase timeshare ownership at an affiliated resort. You can purchase an RCI Points affiliated resort in a couple of ways:
- Buy directly from a resort at full “Retail Price”
- Price varies by resort
- We’ve heard as low as $0.20 and as high as $1.30 per point at the resort
- Average RCI Points Package Prices Start at $8,995.00 - $21,495 depending on the resort and area that you are in.
- BUY ON THE RESALE MARKET AND SAVE $$$$
- Again, price and maintenance fee varies by resort on the resale market
- Typically, current resale market pricing ranges from $0.06 - $0.15 per point! Just be sure that the program that you are purchasing is already converted to the Points system and the resort does not charge any additional conversion fees at the time of ownership transfer.
- The same size annual RCI Points Package Prices on the resale market start below $1000.00 and have all the same benefits that members receive when they purchase at the resort.
- About Conversion Fees: What are they? How much are they?
RCI Points Conversion Fees typically apply when you are purchasing an ownership from someone who originally purchased the ownership that participating in the RCI Weeks program. Sometime after the original purchase, the resort then converted to the RCI Points program (Remember, RCI has been around for over 25 years, while RCI Points has only been here since Spring of 2000!). When a resort converts to the RCI Points program, it is then the option of the resort as to how much to charge existing owners to upgrade to RCI Points. Some of the resorts do not charge an additional conversion fee; many of the resorts do. These conversion fees range from as little as $795.00 to $7,995.00!
- If the program is already converted to Points or the resort doesn’t charge a fee, buying your RCI Points vacation ownership on the resale market will save you thousands. PEROID.
How do I know how many points I will receive?
When you purchase timeshare ownership at an RCI Points affiliated resort property and you choose to take advantage of the optional RCI Points membership exchange program vacation ownership, your unit will be assigned a point value. The amount of points that you will receive will be based on the same basic factors used in determining a resorts “trading power” when used through the RCI Weeks based exchange program. These factors include:
- Resort Location
- Resort Ranking
- Unit Size
- And other factors
Ultimately, when you are buying points ownerships primarily for exchange, you should choose to purchase an ownership package with the number of points to meet your vacation needs.
Enhanced Benefits for RCI Points members:
As an RCI Points member, the points are deposited into your account automatically on your use year. Your use year for your RCI Points membership is determined by the date you purchase the RCI Points account. Rather than just the typical week-for-week exchange through a basic timeshare ownership program, an RCI Points owner receives enhanced benefits such as:
- Dual RCI Membership – Points members can stay at ANY RCI Affiliated Resort-Points or Weeks!
- Choose the time of year they travel
- Choose the size of unit for each vacation
- Stay for as little as 1 night!
- Save and Borrow Points to create dream vacations!
- Use points for more than just your vacation accommodations with RCI Points Partners! Cruises, Hotels, Car rentals and more!
- Unlimited Extra Vacations at exclusive rates for RCI Members that don’t us any points at all!
How do I make a vacation reservation and how many points will it take?
After you have received your RCI membership, you will be able to access the RCIPOINTS member only web site. There you will be able to check how many points are available in your account as well as shop for your vacation reservations. Members may also make their vacation reservations by calling RCI Points by calling the toll free member only hotline.
As a RCI Points member, you can make your reservation for travel to either a RCI Points or RCI Weeks affiliated resort by using your points.
- To Vacation at RCI Points affiliated Resorts:
- Reserve through the Standard Reservation link in the RCI Points online member reservation area.
- Each RCI Points affiliated resort has its own RCI Points chart.
- You can make reservations for Points Resorts 10 months – 10 days in advance of your travel date.
- You can stay at RCI Points affiliated resorts on a nightly basis.
- When you view the online resort directory at the RCI website, RCI Points resorts will have a link to the point values at the resort under the picture of the resort. If there is no link to the point value for a resort, then it is a RCI Weeks affiliated property.
- In addition to the points required for your reservation, RCI Charges and exchange or reservation fee when you make a RCI Points Affiliated Resort reservation:
- 1 or 2 nights = $49.00
- 3 or 4 nights = $79.00
- 5 nights or more = $99.00
- To Vacation at RCI Weeks affiliated properties!
- Reserve through the Weeks Resort Reservation link in the RCI Points online member reservation area.
- RCI Weeks affiliated properties do not have individual point values; Point Values for RCI Weeks Resorts are listed on the RCI Weeks to Points exchange chart. You can see this full chart in RCI POINTS PROGRAM information in The Timeshare Guys Learning Center.
- Just for example, here are 2 of the top destination point values listed for prime season only:
Hawaii | Gold Crown = 2BR – 80,500 | 1 BR – 43,000
Hawaii | Silver Crown = 2 BR – 63,000 | 1 BR – 44,500
Hawaii | Standard = 2 BR – 52,500 | 1 BR – 36,000
Florida | Gold Crown = 2BR – 57,500 | 1 BR – 43,000
Florida | Silver Crown = 2BR – 45,500 | 1 BR – 32,000
Florida | Standard = 2BR – 38,000 | 1 BR – 26,000
- You can make your reservations to stay at an RCI Weeks affiliated resort
2 years – 10 days before your travel dates.
- Reservations for RCI Weeks affiliated resorts are for full week stays.
- Point values vary by location, resort ranking, unit size, and season.
- EXCLUSIVE benefit for RCI Points members:
- Reservations for RCI Weeks Affiliated Resorts made 45 days or less before your date of travel qualify for an Instant Exchange Reservation! Learn more about Instant Exchange reservations below!
- In addition to the points required for a reservation, RCI Charges and exchange or reservation fee when you make an RCI Weeks Affiliated Resort reservation:
- USA, Hawaii, Canada = $149.00 Full Week
Domestic RCI Weeks Exchange Fee
- Other International Locations = $189.00 Full Week
International RCI Weeks Exchange Fee
Facts About RCI Points:
The simple truth about RCI Points is this – as it relates to the tradability of RCI Points, it does not matter where your points come from, where they are deeded, or what season you own, rather how many points your unit is worth and how many points it will cost to make a reservation to go where you want to go, when you want to go, in the size of unit that you need! Reservations through the RCI Points System are made on a simple first-come, first-served basis!
THE BEST THING ABOUT RCI POINTS IS THAT POINTS ARE POINTS!
IF YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT DESTINATIONS EVERY YEAR, THIS IS THE VACATION OWNERSHIP PACKAGE FOR YOU!
The Instant Exchange is an awesome benefit for last minute travelers & value shoppers! RCI makes over 3 million exchange reservations each year. When you are dealing in such large numbers there are going to be cancellations. The reasons vary from illness, Little League, going on strike, to needing a new roof. When these cancellations happen, the Resorts still need someone there to support the Restaurants, Nightclubs, Car rentals, Pro shops, Ski rentals, Etc.
There are 1000's of cancellations every day!
If a 45-day reservation window fits your style, you will love this:
- You may request an Instant Exchange 45 – 2 days in advance of your travel date at ANY RCI WEEKS Resort!
- All Seasonal and Occupancy restrictions are WAIVED for Instant Exchanges!
- An Instant Exchange is 9,000 RCI Points OR LESS for a full week vacation in ANY SIZE UNIT, AT ANY TIME, AT ANY RCI WEEKS RESORT!
- The Best Rule is that there is NO RULE!
- There are absolutely NO restraints on where you may go or what quality of stay you may achieve!
- The Instant exchange is a feature of RCI Points many members are not even aware of!
- When making your reservations for travel to RCI Weeks Resorts online, simply enter travel dates that are within 45 days! The discounted point values will show up automatically for any size unit in any resort available!
- Many RCI Points veterans use the instant exchange reservation system exclusively!
RCI Points Partners – Use your points for more than just your accommodations!
The RCI Points Partner Program gives you a great way to experience a variety of new vacation opportunities. With access to nearly 250 worldwide travel and leisure vendors, you can take advantage of all the vacation flexibility the RCI Points program has to offer. In addition to affiliated resort properties around the world, you can use your points to book a long weekend in New York City, reserve an airline ticket for your points vacation, even book a cruise. The possibilities are endless. The RCI Points Partner program also gives you access to theme park tickets, activities like golf green fees, and more. It's a FANTASTIC benefit of RCI Points membership!
You can use your RCI Points for
- CAR RENTALS!
- AIR PLANE TICKETS!
- THEME PARK TICKETS
including Disney, Universal Studio’s, and many more!
- The amount of points that it takes varies for Points Partner reservations. When you want to make a reservation, simply call the RCI Points Partner Guide at the toll free member number. You should also consult a guide to determine if a transaction fee will apply.
In addition to all of the flexibility you have to make your vacation reservations with points, this RCI Membership entitles you to UNLIMITED use of RCI Extra Vacations! Also know as Bonus Vacations, these vacations are for full week stays at the same member only resorts! Best of all Extra Vacations don't use ANY of your RCI Points and there is no additional exchange/reservation fee required! You can make Extra Vacation Reservations up to 1 year in advance at exclusive RCI Member only rates!
- Bonus Nights
Just like extra vacations, these reservations don’t use any of your RCI Points! Bonus nights allow RCI Points members to get that extra weekend getaway at a tremendous savings while staying at top rated resorts!
- Last Call Vacations!
Each month RCI will offer special deals on selected areas when you are making reservations 45 days or less before your travel dates. Where the rates for extra vacations vary by location, Last Call Vacations are available to members at an even bigger discount!
- Last Call Vacations are ONLY
- $99.99 for a FULL WEEK in a STUDIO
- $149.99 for a FULL WEEK in a 1 BEDROOM UNIT
- $199.99 for a FULL WEEK in a 2 BEDROOM UNIT
BEST OF ALL, LAST CALL VACATIONS USE NO POINTS AND THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL RESERVATION FEE!!
REMEMBER: YOU CAN USE AS MANY AS YOU WANT!!
Let friends and family members use them as well!!
Just fill out a guest certificate, and they can go instead!!
RCI Points Program Fees:
Annual Membership Fees:
$99.00 annually as of 2006.
RCI usually offers discounts if you pay for multiple years in advance.
Reservation / Exchange Fees: Included in details above - there is not enough room to relist here, as space allowed for eBay Guides is limited.
Other Fees Related to Timeshare Ownership:
As with any timeshare ownership, the applicable resort maintenance fees are paid directly to the resort. Some resorts charge additional administration fees.