1 head lettuce, washed and torn
2 tomatoes, diced
1 chopped onion (if desired)
Sliced black olives (if desired)
Catalina French dressing
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 pound lean ground meat
1 package taco seasoning
1. Drain and rinse pinto beans and place in a small bowl. Pour Catalina dressing over beans to cover. Refrigerate overnight for best results or at least for 2-4 hrs.
2. Brown ground meat and drain (I rinse the ground meat in a strainer under hot water to remove as much of the grease as possible). Add taco seasoning and water and cook per package instructions.
3. Mix lettuce and tomatoes shortly before serving.
4. Place a layer of tortilla chips on a plate or in a soup/salad bowl (works best).
5. Place salad on top of chips.
6. Let everyone build their Taco Salad to please: layer of each as desired: seasoned ground meat, pinto beans, cheese, chopped onions, sour cream, black olives, and salsa. Place slices of avocado on top.
Thank you for reading my guide. If you enjoyed my guide or found it helpful, please let me know by voting.
If you have any questions or comments or if you did not find my guide helpful, please let me know why by contacting me through the link below. I'd appreciate your comments on improving my guides.