Pool Motor Replacements Replacing your worn out swimming pool pump motor is easy and can save you expensive at home service call fees. First you need to identify the specific manufacturer of the pump your motor is attached to. Here are a few of the most common types:
* Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass
* Sta Rite Max-E-Glass II
* Sta-Rite Dura-Glass
* Sta-rite Dura-Glass II
* Sta-Rite Dyna- Glass
* Sta-Rite PLBC
* American Products Ultra-Flo
* American Products Power Pump
* Pac-Fab Challenger
* Pac-Fab Whisper- Flo
* Pac-Fab Pinnicle (west coast)
* Water Ace
* Aqua-Flo Dominator
* American Product Ultra-Flo
* American Products Americana
* American Products Eagle
* Jacuzzi P Series
* Jacuzzi Magnum
* Hayward Max-Flo
* Hayward Northstar
* Hayward Super Pump
* Hayward Super II
* Leslies Hydro Max
You will need to replace the main shaft seal and must know which pump you have to get the correct ones.
If the pump housing is an older bronze style consider replacing the entire pump and motor unit. Brass eventually wears down and is inherently inefficient with it's 'open-faced' impeller. Here are a few of them:
* Aqua-Flo 'A' Series
* Pac-Fab Hydro Pump
* Purex 'A' Series
* Sta-Rite Brass
It is very important that you size your new pump properly. Do not buy the largest pump possible because your plumbing and filter are rated at a specific flow rate. Here is a questionnaire for a proper recommendation:
1.In ground or above ground pool?
2. How many skimmers?
3. How many main drains?
4. How many jets(inlets,or returns)
5. What size are the plumbing lines going to the pump and how many lines connect together just before the pump?
6. Do you have a heater?
7. Do you have a chlorinator?
8. What size are the return lines/(the lines going back to the pool)?
9. How far away from the pool is your equipment?
10. What square foot is the filter and manufacture?(VERY IMPORTANT)
11. Do you have an automatic cleaning system and if so what type is it?
12. What is the specific make and model of your current pump and the horsepower of the motor attached to it?(VERY IMPORTANT)
13. What are the approximate dimensions of your pool?
14. How high above the water level is the pump?