Do you find yourself looking at the same old stuff on eBay? Wentworth Tradd offers you, in no particular order, 50 search terms designed to send you in new and unexpected directions. The marketplace is vast. Savior its Byzantine compexity.
And now, the 50 terms:
1. Stubbs will get you artworks, but also Palm Beach shoes.
2. Hanro will get you tighty whities for men and women.
3. Etro will get you paisley everything, for both sexes
4. Dobro gets musical instruments and music recordings
5. The three Js: J. Crew, J. Press, J. Peterman, for clothes, mostly, but what a selection.
6. (Crocodile, alligator, ostrich, lizard) with your shoe size added will show you a parade of cool footwear
7. Laguiole gets you cutlery
8. Hermes gets you silks, but also engraving supplies
9. Huger gets you Confederate generals, Charleston Artists and people who can't spell Hip Hugger.
10. Acadia gets national parks, and possibly some Cajun goodies.
11. Kingsley gets you foil stamping machines, but also Kingsely Amis
12. Martin will get you guitars, NASCAR drivers and Martin Amis, among others
13. Hutty gets artworks and COBOL books
14. Audubon will take you weeks to get through
15. Gullah gets you to baskets, books, and records
16. Type in ("Paisley silk", "silk paisley") and stand back
17. Wentworth includes an odd assortment of items. What about your name?
18. Skull is another hour-killer
19. Wool tartan gets you assorted goods, including fabrics to sew your own
20. Silk tartan is more specialized, but still varied
21. Are you looking at beads? Quartz gets you to watches, beads, lights, and wands. Yes, wands.
22. Try alligator belt
23. Silver belt buckle brings an assortment, from Cowboy to Indian. Narrow it using Sterling
24. Mini gets you skirts and cars (including Mini Vans) and accessories for both
25. Count on spending an hour or so on Fountain Pen or one of several brands: Mont Blanc, Parker, Cross
26. Have you seen all of the stuff that comes up when you type in GOTH ?
27. Heyward gets you Nick, from Haircut 100, Craig from the Saints, and DuBose, who wrote Porgy
28. Are you talkin to me? Check out DeNiro
29. Rockabilly gets you clothes and music and magazines.
30. Fetish gets you Native American objects, too.
31. St. George includes icons and football fan supplies, including naughty knickers.
32. You might as well look at (icon, ikon)
33.DAMASCUS gets you knives, but also Damascus Ohio and Damascus, Virginia
34.Have you seen the stuff they're selling under TIME SHARE?
35. Gamecocks will get you over 400 items for the University of SC. What about your school?
36. OZ gets you both the Emerald City and Down Under, not to mention abbreviated ounces
37. What do Charles Dickens and Elvis Costello have in common? Oliver Twist and Oliver's Army, in among 3600 other olivers
38. Nearly 17000 items come up when you type in BEATLES
39. Remington includes sporting goods and shavers
40. Beaver gets you fur coats and t shirts and everything in between
41. BARSTOW includes California, but also Florida and Texas- and a boy scout camp in SC
42.BARSTOOL will get you over 50 items in eBay MOTORS alone
43.Cartier includes watches, jewelry, and cigarette lighters, but also perfume and books
44. Monroe includes Marilyn, but also Earl, Bill, and Lucy
45.Surely there is something of interest among the the thousands of items under SKELETON.
46.Percy Faith, Percy Sledge, Walker Percy, Percy from Thomas the Tank Engine. mercy!
47.SMOKING JACKET is always a good time, or try (Smoking, dinner) Jacket
48. Most of what you find under Madonna is, well, you know who, but also some 300 or so religious items
49.Motorcycles, movies and marabou all come up with Valentino, ok, maybe Mohair or Mink
50. You'll be amazed at what comes up when you search under (50, fifty)
So, there you have it, a whole new list of things to look at. I hope you have found this guide to be inspiring and helpful. Please take a moment to vote "yes" below and maybe to see some of my other guides. Happy shopping to you.