STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CHECKLIST for Strawberry Shortcake dolls (1980 - 1983)
This checklist is forthe vintage U.S. Strawberry Shortcake collection only- For a checklist of vintage Brazil dolls, check here: Checklist for Brazil Strawberry Shortcake dolls
- Do your Research: It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of collecting, but before you enter your bid, do a 'completed auction' search on ebay, to see what similar dolls have sold for in the past. The prices go up and down often.
- Factors that Affect a Doll's Price:
- Is her outfit complete? bright? clean? tears/stains/dust?
- CORRECT shoes?
- Is the hat/bow still factory attached?
- Is the doll clean with no stains or tears?
- Is there any brown spots or mold on the doll? (VDS- or mold that is growing IN the doll vinyl, is impossible to clean, and can make the doll worthless as it spreads, and can even cause holes to appear. VDS looks like black or brown "freckles")
- Does she have her original hair ribbons?
- Is the decal intact?
- Flat hands or curled? The very first SSC dolls, Strawberry, Blueberry, Apple Dumplin and Huck were released first with flat hands. In the second release, they had curled hands. The flat hand dolls are considered somewhat more rare, and sometimes sell for a bit more than the curled hand versions.
1. Regular Issue 6" dolls- (8)
- Strawberry Shortcake* & Custard cat (make sure her brown shoes have little hearts on them, if they are brown with circles, they are Huck's shoes)
- Blueberry Muffin* and Cheesecake mouse (she should have two purple ribbons in her hair that match her hat ribbon, and a blueberry decal on her hat that is often missing)
- Lemon Meringue* & Frappe frog (she should have two yellow ribbons in her hair, and yellow "bow" shoes- watch out for the yellow tennis shoes- they are berry wear)
- Huckleberry Pie* and Pupcake puppy (make sure the decal is on his hat- his brown shoes should have little circles, not hearts)
- Rasperry Tart* & Rhubarb Monkey (She has a raspberry decal on her hat- and pink crossbar shoes)
- Angel Cake & Souffle the skunk (she should have a little gold halo/hat, & purple slipper type shoes. Souffle can be dark purple or mauve- soft or hard)
- Orange Blossom* & Marmalade butterfly. (It's easy to spot her shoes. Orange with flowers. Single bar orange shoes belong to either the '91 Orange, the party pleaser, or the berrykin version)
- Lime Chiffon & Parfait the parrot (she has very common light pink "bow-strap" shoes.
International Dolls - released in 1983- slightly more difficult to find.
What to watch for the most in this collection is missing or substituted shoes...
- Cafe Ole & Burrito burro (make sure she has her sandles)
- Mint Tulip & Marsh Mallard (She should have POINTED yellow clogs- these are often missing-)
- Almond Tea & Marza Panda (The shoes on this doll are almost ALWAYS wrong- her original shoes are purple one-strap shoes with a flower scroll- they look the same as berrykin shoes, so are often missing)
- Crepe Suzette & Eclaire poodle (She should have dark BLUE one strap shoes)
- Lem n' Ada & Sugerwoofer pup (these were 4.5" toddlers released as a set, pictured below) - although they are twins, they have different outfits-
4.5" dolls (babies/toddlers)
- Cherry Cuddler & Gooseberry goose
- Apricot & Hopsalot bunny
- Apple Dumplin & Tea Time turtle (there two versions of turtle, sitting and flat (the flat is pictured above and is hollow- the sitting version is solid like the other pets)
- (Lem n' Ada & Sugarwoofer pup -also listed above as an international friend)
- Butter Cookie & Jelly Bear
Party Pleasers 1984-
These dolls are more expensive than any series except the Berrykins. Plum Puddin and Peach Blush are the most difficult to find and expensive...
- Plum Puddin & Elderberry Owl (make sure she has the light blue one strap bow-shoes)
- Peach Blush & Melonie Belle lamb (peach shoes with a bow on top)
- Strawberry Shortcake & Custard (*** VERY commonly wearing the wrong shoes- she should have pink one strap shoes with FLOWER scroll- the shoes are the same as SSC berrykin shoes, so are often taken from this doll)
- Angel Cake & Souffle (Should have purple one strap shoes)
- Apple Dumplin' & Tea Time (Make sure she has her YELLOW felt booties)
- Cherry Cuddler & Gooseberry (not pictured) (make sure she has her red felt booties)
- Mint Tulip & Marsh (yellow one strap shoes)
- Cafe Ole & Burrito (pink one strap shoes)
- Almond Tea & Marza Panda (purple- flower scroll berrykin-type shoes) **
Berrykin Line - 6" dolls with very long hair, extra fancy dress, rainbow tights, and a Berrykin baby
- Strawberry Shortcake & Strawberrykin- pink flower scroll shoes
- Mint Tulip & Mint berrykin- yellow one strap shoes
- Peach Blush & Peach berrykin - peach one strap shoes
- Plum Puddin & Plum berrykin - flower scroll purple shoes
- Orange Blossom & Orange berrykin - orange one strap shoes
- Banana Twirl & Banana berrykin - light yellow flower scroll shoes
- BERRYKIN PRINCESS (not a 6" doll, but a 8.5" doll)- should have wand & stand.
Sweet Sleepers - (1984)
- Strawberry Shortcake & Custard
- Lemon Meringue & Frappe
- Blueberry Muffin & Cheesecake
- Raspberry Tart & Rhubarb
- Orange Blossom & Marmalade
Sour Grapes, Pieman & Dancin' SSC w/ studio
- 6" Dancin' Strawberry Shortcake (released with a dance studio- has poseable legs
- Peculiar Purple Pieman & Berry Bird (10" doll)
- Sour Grapes & Dreggs snake (10" doll)
Fig-Boot (not technically a doll, but a plastic dinosaur. He was released in doll packaging however...
Berry Baby Dolls -4" drink & wet dolls released with diaper, hat, and bottle
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Blueberry Muffin
- Lemon Meringue
- Orange Blossom
Blow Kiss Dolls 12" baby-dolls that blew a sweet kiss when you squeezed them.
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Orange blossom
- Angel Cake
- Lemon Meringue
- Baby Needs A Name
- Strawberry cloth doll
- Raspberry Tart cloth doll
- Lemon Meringue cloth doll
- Lime Chiffon cloth doll*
- Mint Tulip cloth doll*
- Orange Blossom cloth doll
- Cherry Cuddler cloth doll
- Apple Dumplin cloth doll with tea time turtle (also cloth)
- Apricot with Hopsalot
* Mint Tulip is the most rare, Lime is the next most difficult to find. The cloth pets for Apple and Apricot are also hard to find.
Other Vintage Rag Dolls
- Strawberry Vinyl head rag doll*
- Huck Vinyl head rag doll*
- JC Penny cloth Huck
- JC Penny cloth SSC
- Little Debbie Rag doll
* The vinyl head dolls are usually fairly pricy- Huck is often missing his hat.
* Thanks to my friends at TS, Berry Special Place & Strawberrysforeveryone for your help and suggestions!