If your office is considering binding documents, reports, briefs and proposals you will need to select a binding system
. Although there are many different binding systems available on the market, one of the most professional binding systems is called Velobind
. This article provides a quick overview of six reasons to consider using Velobind to bind documents for your office. Here they are…
1. Tamper Safe Security: Velobind hot knife binding is by far the most secure binding available on the market. The Velobind binding machine actually takes the binding strip and rivets in place melting the plastic pins into the back of the receiving strip. In order to remove pages from a document bound with Velobind you actually have to cut the binding strip apart using a razor blade tool. Without an expensive machine to rebind the document users can not edit the document without it being very obvious. For this reason many lawyers and government offices choose Velobind hot knife systems to bind their briefs and sensitive documents.
2. Copy Safe Design: Unlike other punch and bind systems, documents bound with Velobind will not open flat on a desk or table. This is an important feature for documents that are of a sensitive nature and should not be photocopied. The design of Velobind allows documents to be easily read. However, pages from the document are difficult to copy using a photocopier since it is difficult to lay them flat on the scanner. When you combine this feature with the tamper safe design of Velobind, no other binding system is more secure.
3. Professional Appearance: Documents bound with Velobind offer a clean professional appearance unlike any other binding style on the market. The Velobind binding strips run along the spine of your document neatly framing the spine of the document while concealing any evidence of the holes punched in the document.
4. Durability: Velobind is one of the most durable binding styles available on the market. This binding style offers a completely flat design that makes sending documents through the mail a breeze. Additionally, documents bound with Velobind will not be damaged if something heavy is set on them. The binding spines on documents bound with comb binding
, wire binding
and spiral binding
can become deformed if compressed. Velobind does not have this problem.
5. Document Sizing: Using a Velobind system three it is possible to bind documents as thick as 3 inches (approximately 750 sheets). This makes Velobind the only binding system capable of binding documents over 2 inches. For companies that bind extremely large documents, reports or briefs this makes Velobind a natural choice. Velobind binding strips are also available in a number of different lengths for binding landscape documents, letter size documents and Iegal size documents.
6. Supply Cost Savings: One of the main benefits of owning a Velobind binding system is the limited supply inventory that is required for this binding style. Unlike other binding styles which require a separate box of binding supplies for every size of document that you intend to bind, Velobind binding spines come in just three thicknesses. One spine binds documents up to 1 inch, another up to two inches and a third is designed to bind documents up to 3 inches. This means that companies can save both money and space traditionally taken up by binding supplies.