Paid for Insurance & Didn't Get It?
You're far from being alone if this has happened to you. There are numerous eBay sellers whose item descriptions threaten: "no refunds"; "if item is damaged we are not responsible"; "insuring an item is the buyer's responsibility"; etc....
Being a responsible buyer, you pay for the seller to ship your item insured through PayPal. But, when you receive the item, the seller didn't insure it & pocketed your money!
PayPal won't do a thing to help you get the money you paid for insured shipment back & neither with eBay. The seller has made a nice profit by stealing your insurance payment for shipping.
Here's what you can do:
1) Give the seller negative feedback saying why in a simple phrase like this: "Paid for insured shipment, seller kept money w/o insuring."
2) Report the seller to eBay anyway. It could be that this seller has a pattern of keeping buyers' insurance payments.
3) Report the seller to the United States Postal Inspector online. This is a crime. Since it usually crosses state lines and violates the delivery of US mail, it is a felony.
4) Report the seller to the Internet Crimes Unit (ICU online).
5) Write the seller from the eBay message portal kindly asking for them to refund your insurance payment or prove that they insured it. USPS can tell you absolutely if they did or not. Keep all email sent to and received from the seller. Keep all email sent to eBay & PayPal & received from them about this seller's nonperformance.
6) Keep the package with the shipping label and a copy of you eBay checkout & PayPal payment receipts so that you have the evidence of the payment for insurance as well as the proof of the item being shipping uninsured.
7) The wisest manner in which to handle every report is with emotional restraint. Remember, you are making a set of official reports about an illegal activity. If you want all of the other people who represent the agencies to help you, it is important to remain friendly, kind, truthful & accurate as you describe the seller's nonperformance~