Years ago I suffered from bad shaves, razor burns, and just uncomfortable shaving experiences. Then I came across an article in a Men's Health magazine and over the years found more tips in magazines, newspapers, and on the internet.
- Shave while showering or immediately after your shower or bath. Your skin pores will open up and make shaving smoother. This is why barbers will place a hot towel on your skin!
- Use a pre-shaving skin cleanser or shaving cream to prep your skin and again open up your pores.
- Do not shave immediately after applying the shaving foam or gel Wait a couple minutes to let it settle in.
- When cleaning your razor blade, run it under warm but not scolding hot water. The micro-thin blades will buckle from excessive heat!
- Shave with gentle, short, stroeks with the grain, frequently cleaning the blade in warm water.
- Try different shaving gels, foams, and razor, to find what best matches your skin type.
- Keep your razor blades sharp, not only will you pro-long the life of them by up to four times, and consequentaly save up to 75% on razor blades, but your shaves will be smoother and your blades will be easier to clean! I use Blade-Master(r) and now I get up to 6 weeks out of a blade that used to get me just a week. All while getting a smoother shave. See my store, Gregorian Emporium, for this product.