This past year, Tamerica
Products International introduced the new Guillomax Paper Cutter
. The Guillomax Guillotine cutter has the ability to cut through up to 360 sheets of paper like butter. Although it can’t quite cut through a full ream of paper and thus isn’t a true ream cutter, the Guillomax has many of the same great features as many of the ream cutters available on the market. However, the amazing thing about the Guillomax is that it is priced at half the price of most other ream cutters and stack cutters on the market. Here is a quick overview of the pros and cons of the Guillomax cutter.
1. Construction: The Guillomax is extremely well built. The body of the cutter is made from heavy duty powder coated steel. The cutter
includes an ultra sharp blade, heavy duty metal handle and all the tools you need for changing the blade.
2. Leverage: With the long handle of the Guillomax, cutting through 360 sheets of paper is literally like cutting through butter. With our demo unit we were also able to easily cut through poly, clear covers and cover stock with no problem whatsoever.
3. Safety: The Guillomax guillotine cutter includes a shield to help prevent users from getting their hands under the blade and also includes a locking mechanism for two handed cutting operation.
4. The Blade: The Guillomax includes an ultra sharp hardened steel blade that is designed to easily handle your cutting needs. This blade can be easily removed and sharpened (by a professional sharpening service) and replacement blades can easily be obtained when needed.
5. Pressure Bar: One complaint about many stack cutters and ream cutters is that they don’t adequately hold the material being cut in place. The Guillomax includes a heavy duty pressure bar for holding materials in place when cutting. This pressure bar is operated by a separate handle on the unit and is easy to engage and release
6. Stand: One great thing about the Guillomax Cutter is that it can be used on a tabletop or can be purchased with an optional stand that will make cutting even easier. The short stand for the Guillomax paper cutter is designed to provide the user with plenty of leverage to cut even the most difficult to cut materials.
1. After using the Guillomax Paper cutter for several months, there is really only one con that I have found. The design of the paper stop on the Guillomax allows it to pivot and can make it extremely difficult to square up the cutter. I found it helpful to use a small framing square to ensure that the paper stop was at a perfect 90 degree angle to the blade. Many more expensive stack cutters and ream cutters on the market have back gauges that are fixed at a 90 degree angle to the cutting blade. However, these units start at 2-3 times the price of the Guillomax.
As you can see, the Guillomax paper cutter has some amazing features and it’s price point definitely makes it a winner. The Guillomax is ideal for Schools, Churches, Businesses and small Print Shops. However, it does take a little bit of work to make sure that your cuts are square and perfect. Even so, it is by far the best cutter in its price class and I would highly recommend it.