Hereunder I reproduce the review that a previous eBay member (carpathian-forest) wrote (he was like me a victim of the following seller) to warn all the bidders on eBay NOT to bid on the auctions of this seller !
Please note that the feedbacks of all the eBay IDs of this sellers are always PRIVATE (you know what I mean... he has something to hide...) and when he receive positive feedbacks (very rarely), this is only the man himself who leaves himself positive feedbacks with other of his IDs (always small feedbacks...) to stay in a positive feedback level...
This seller does NOT accept Paypal (because it is a secure way to pay and because you can make a complaint if you do not receive the item...) and if you pay him, then say goodbye to your money (and of course of your item, that you will NEVER receive...).
Now you will not be able to say that you did not know...
Following the review of "carpathian-forest" which I complety agree with :
Frank Lewa is a well known fraud from Germany. He is making new accounts on eBay even as we speak, to list items he doesn't actually own. The scheme he uses is the following:
1. Make a new account on a different name. Lately he is making accounts using girls names, to add to the credibility.
2. List a number of items, usually music (rock, goth, metal etc.) or movies. He will mix regular CDs and DVDs with very rare and expensive CDs or vinyls, also to add to the credibility.
3. His feedback is zero or next to zero and it shows that he is a new eBay user. He may leave feedback through his other accounts or wait until his account is no longer listed as "new", so that he will appear to be a regular eBay user. Sometimes he will have "private" listings, to hide the negative feedback or to avoid show ing suspicious positive feedback from other low feedback accounts.
4. He will regularly end listings early to the highest bidder, and most of his items are 3-day listings.
5. After someone wins the auction, he will request the payment to be made by bank transfer. His former accounts where he received money were:
BLZ: 370 400 44
IBAN: DE 85 3704 0044 0121 162200
6. After a faily large number of such fraudulent sales are made, he will cash the money and usually after less than 1-2 weeks, he will close his eBay account. You won't be able to leave feedback. If you paid through a bank transfer or sent cash, there is absolutely no way for you to recover the money.
7. He will wait for a short while, during which he'll spend your money on expensive items, entertainment and other personal amusements. When they money are spent, he will register a new account, on a different name, and start it all over again.
Some of his past eBay user names were:
presidentevil777 (selling items through it as we speak!)
stacheldrahtstrangulation (his main account, still working)
and many more.
Here's some examples of his listings: search on eBay for items: 200157233025, 200157225921, 200157228055 and many other more, which are all currently active on eBay, receiving bids!
Look for user presidentevil777 and search his listings!
Frank Lewa is by far the most known rip off on eBay of his genre (rock, gothic and metal music). There are a lot of pages on the internet about him, made by people who have been ripped off by him. I have also been unfortunate to fall for his scheme and become yet another victim of Frank Lewa.
Here's some of his physical addresses:
(possible REAL address, he received cash payments there!)
Im Moerser Feld 4
and the last he used for receiving cash:
If you won an item and something smells fishy - DO NOT SEND MONEY, because you will never recover them nor receive anything. He doesn't actually own any of the items he has listed on eBay. Plus, he has hundreds of total records of rip-off alarms in his feedback.
If you already sent him the money, the best thing you can do is to report him to the Police or Interpol. When more people report him, they will do something about it, put it on the international fraud list and upon arrest, perhaps some of the losses can be recovered.
You must always know this - never purchase something that costs more than a few euros from:
- someone with zero feedback or with suspicious feedback
- from someone that does not accept Paypal or other verifyable methods that you can actually be able to recover the money if something goes wrong (avoid sending bank transfers and cash!)
- from someone who has a new account from less than a month
- from someone who has "private" feedback (that usually means he has something to hide)
- from someone that ends listings early, or makes you any private offers
Do all you can to help stop this thief!