Cleaning your pool
Love having a pool but hate taking the time to clean it. Well pool cleaners help you clean your pools efficiently with you barely even lifting a finger. A pool cleaner will clean your pool in a matter of a few hours which gives you plenty of time to enjoy the pool year long. Keeping a pool clean is important to help eliminate bacteria that can be harmful to you and your family. This guide will help you sit at ease trying to find the perfect pool cleaner for you. *Remember a healthy pool is a fun pool.
Finding the right pool cleaner may be complicated but we designed this guide to help you find the right one for your application.
Things to keep in mind:
What type of pool do you have? (Above ground or in-ground)
What is the surface of the bottom of your pool made of? (Gunite, concrete, vinyl, tile, fiberglass)
How easy is set up? (Advance design or start with ease)
Why type of cleaner you are looking for? Pressure, Suction or Robotic?
Suction driven cleaner – Cleaners that attach to the suction side of your plumbing. Basically it attaches to the pool’s filters to “suck” water through to clean your pool. This style of pool cleaner is typically the easiest one to start with because it does not need extra parts to start using. All you need to do is plug is to the pre-existing pool plumbing. Suction cleaner tends to be the cheapest of the three models.
Recommendations: Hayward DC300, Zodiac Baracuda Ranger
• One moving part ensures years of dependable service (less maintenance needed)
• Installs in less than ten minutes and no tools needed and is powered by your existing filtration equipment
Pressure driven cleaner – These are pool cleaners that use pressure to operate. The cleaner will attach to an existing return port and will be powered by the pool’s pump. Also it can be attached to a cleaner line and booster pump. The pool cleaners that use about 30 PSI will need a booster pump to function properly. The cleaner will work in a circulation; pumping water in and move water out. This style of pool cleaner is typically a more advance design because most of the units require a booster pump to function.
Recommendations: Hayward Viio Turbo 5500TC, Hayward Phantom Turbo 6000B
• Comes with an in-line back-up valve to automatically free itself if it gets stuck and keep it cleaning without interruption
• Comes with a large bottom opening to pick up large debris like leaves, acorns and pebbles
Booster Pump - A separate booster pump allows your cleaner to work independently from the rest of your pool system. This enables the cleaner to work at 100% efficiency and provides greater vacuum power and faster cleaning. What powers your cleaner is just as important as the cleaner itself.
Robotic driven cleaner - Cleaners that are electronically driven. The robotic driven cleaner have a two part motor; one to power the unit and one to move the unit. The unit will work off the power source from your home that will be used to power the pump motor to clean the pool and drive motor on the unit will move the tires to help maneuver the cleaner around.
• Internal filtration system removes contaminants and bacteria as small as two microns
• Dual pressure wash jets lift sand, silt and algae off floors and walls – including surface pores where brushes can't reach
Type of Pools:
• Pre-assembled & install in minutes Without tools
• Proven Zodiac advanced hydrodynamic design
In ground pools are permanent pools are that are made of concrete, vinyl, tile, or fiberglass. Knowing what the surface of your pool is made out of is an important factor because there are specific cleaners for each one. Some cleaners will do it all.
Recommendations: Polaris 180, Polaris 480, Hayward Navigator, Zodiac Baracuda G3
• Built-in back-up valve activates every 3.5 minutes to assure total coverage and avoid hang-ups by steps and in corners
• Wall-fitting features built-in pressure relief valve to regulate water flow and assure consistent travel speed for optimum cleaning performance
Check out the brands that we carry!
If there is information that you cannot find on this guide please email us or call us at 800-629-3325
For all your pool cleaner needs please check us out at Maxtoolsales
*If you cannot find a model that you would like please email us