What does a Wedding Cost?
Invitations, Announcements, Thank You Notes, etc., $330
Bouquets and Other Flowers, $1,500.00
Videography, $1,300 (and up) based on demand, experience, and desired features.
Photography, $1,500 (and up) based on demand, experience, and desired features.
Music, $750.00 (based on 5 hours)
Clergy, $250.00 and up.
Limousine, $395.00 and up.
Attendants’ Gifts, $300 and up.
Wedding Rings (Bride and Groom), $1,000 and up.
Engagement Ring, $3,050 and up.
Bride’s Wedding Dress, $825 (and up) depending on quality and designer.
Bride’s Headpiece/Veil, $170
Bridal Attendants' Apparel (based on 5 attendants), $800
Mother of the Bride's Apparel, $225 and up
Groom's Formalwear (Rented), $95 and up.
Men's Formalwear (Ushers, Best Man), $450
Wedding Reception, $7,650 and up.
Grand Total $20,548 (amount varies by state, and/or metro areas.)
Your wedding can be all you dreamed it would be -- exactly the personalized beginning to the next phase of your lives together that you dream of -- even if you (or your parents) are not millionaires! As a couple, your wedding costs could exceed any other expense you will ever have as a couple with the exception of purchasing a home or luxury car.
As an introduction to this article, I pointed out some of the median costs of a medium sized wedding today. While Ebay may not have all the solutions for a modern wedding, it does have a surprisingly large number of options to save money (and pay as you go) for many aspects of your wedding! In fact, it would be relatively easy to shave half the cost of a very nice wedding by finding clothing and accessories, wedding papers, centerpieces and gift items on Ebay.
This guide is designed to help you explore possible cost savings. It is divided up by goods or services type as introduced at the beginning of the guide. Each segment not only gives you ideas and alternatives to expensive commercial products, it will provide you with Ebay home page search words that are sure to turn up cost saving results (and lead to other relevant search words or phrases too). Be sure to check the small box below the keywords to assure the searches look for both the title and the ad content for the most relevant information.
While looking around on Ebay, have a note pad and pencil ready to jot down ideas you’ll find as you explore (you can also add them to a watch list with a simple mouseclick on the link in the ad). There are many unusual or traditional options that can make your day special and/or original, too.
Please, also remember the 5 P’s - “Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.” Start your wedding planning early (18 months is suggested) and allow yourself enough time to find, order and receive the goods you need -- well before the wedding date. The stress and anguish you save by effective pre-planning will be your own and key to enjoying your special day!
The business of planning a wedding is time consuming. Planning to save money adds to the time required. So, why not share your general plan with Mothers of the Bride and Groom and all your attendants? Ask for search help on ideas or commodities you need. This assures that everyone can assist with the savings game and not a single "just perfect" item for your wedding gets missed.
Invitations (Keywords: Wedding Invitations, wedding papers)
Elegant but small, grand and formal or casual and barefoot on the beach…, wedding paper products set the tone of your wedding. Invitations and related papers are available hand made by the piece, custom made by order, or you can buy the supplies and make them yourself (card and envelope stock). All of these items are available and at a fraction of the going rate at the specialist printer. Make your own and you can get up to 50 complete sets of wedding papers for as little as $50. Get them made to order on Ebay starting at about $.99 per set.
Flowers, Centerpieces and Decorations (Keywords: Silk Flowers, Wedding Flowers, Centerpieces, Wedding decorations, wedding favors)
Silk flowers are a great option for brides today. Live flowers, (about $750 for an average wedding), require special storage, maintenance and care. Do consider silk arrangements that need no special storage or care and look great for the entire event --regardless of the weather. You can use silks in everything from bridal bouquets and centerpieces to cake decorations and guests can take them home as a lovely reminder of your special day. Ebay options start at $10.00.
Love the softness, romantic atmosphere and warmth of a candle’s glow? Add a candle centerpiece or candle and floral centerpiece -- available on Ebay starting at $2.99. (Keywords: Candles, centerpieces, wedding decorations)
1. Gown and Veil (Keywords: Wedding Gown, Bridal Veil; Designer Wedding Gown; Bridal headpiece; Tiara, etc.) One of the most frequently overlooked areas to save money is on your wedding dress and hat or veil. Never thought you could afford a Vera Wang? Check out Ebay's Bridal gowns and you will actually see some that are also featured in current bridal magazines -- who knew? There are 70 pages of bridal gowns starting as low as $50.00. And for that must have Vera Wang? Consider gently used. Find even more options by searching for specific pieces i.e. veil, brides/bridal shoes, bridal gowns, bridal gloves, etc.
2. Bridesmaid & Flowergirl dresses: Give your friends a break. Bridesmaid dresses on Ebay (in many colors and styles) start at remarkably low prices. And yes, you can buy a set of them! My search today turned up 9 pages of beautiful options.
3. Groom, Ring bearer, Fathers of the Bride and Groom and Groomsmen Clothing. Although it is generally practical to rent these items – it might be worth a look on eBay. This is especially true if the men in your life will have occasion to wear a tuxedo more than once.
4. Mothers of the Bride and Groom clothing. These pricey outfits are always a steal on eBay. From full length formal to cocktail length there are thousands of new and gently used options available. Why pay hundreds or a thousand even if you can??
5. Attendant Gifts and Guest Mementos. Not only can you find original ideas for cherished keepsakes of your special day, you can get lovely things at a real bargain price on Ebay. (Keywords: wedding favors; bridesmaid gifts; groomsmen gifts). It is customary for the bride and groom to leave small tokens of appreciation on each table for their guests. This is another place to save the Ebay way. Buy votives and have them engraved with the Bride and Groom's name and date or simply buy the supplies necessary to put together pretty boxes of chocolates, handmade soaps, etched champagne glasses, picture frames (use them as place card holders and your guest can reuse them later with a wedding photo enclosed with your thank you note). As you scroll through the many favors on offer, you will find options to buy and personalize that you never thought of. My personal favorite is a Cinderella glass slipper that may be filled with candy and tied up with a bit of Tulle and a beautiful bow.
6. Preserving Memories:
When it comes time to save all the memories of your special day, consider a matched collection of framing materials or custom framing. (Keywords: Frames, picture frames, custom frames). Custom framing offers many benefits over traditional store frames, including a wider variety of mats, glass and frames, as well as specialist conservation glass and acid free matting. These custom details will seal your wedding photographs and other memorabilia from moisture and prevent yellowing over time.
One more way to capture all of the important moments of the wedding day is to create a personalized scrapbook of the entire event. (Keywords: Scrapbooking; Art Supplies; Office Supplies). Scrapbooking is a unique way to capture both the pictures from the wedding, and other events linked to it to include the shower, rehearsal dinner, bachelor’s and hen’s parties. Having each attendant and major participant put a scrapbook page together allows them to preserve the special feelings, thoughts, insights and emotions of this magical day for all time. Pick up the materials on eBay and ask each to put a page or two together. This is so easily accomplished by using handmade papers, scrap-booking supplies, decorative details available on Ebay and can be beautifully augmented by capturing the afterglow with your own handwritten journaling.
I hope this guide provides you with some ideas to both save you money and add to you special day. If so, I hope you will scroll down and vote yes! Please drop by my store "The Write Place" to find wonderful bargains for your trouseau and honeymoon wear.
Please scroll below and leave a helpfulness vote? I surely would appreciate it! I sincerely thank you in advance for your time!
Thanks for stopping by! Pepper120851