The woman of today lives in her jeans. We wear denim to work, out to dinner and just playing around. So clearly, maternity jeans will be an essential part of your pregnancy wardrobe. Gone are the days of puffy butt maternity jeans that make you look like a grandma. Today's Maternity Jeans afford women a great opportunity to look and feel fabulous in their jeans throughout their entire pregnancy.
Worth It?How can you justify paying so much for jeans that you will only wear for a few months? Having a pair of jeans that fits just right when you're not quite feeling yourself is totally worth it (not to mention the compliments you'll get wearing them)!! By about the end of the third month, your little pooch will start to become more noticeable to you, especially as you bend over and sit down. Leaving open a button or two may work for a little while, but eventually your old jeans will just not fit comfortably- not to mention look a little funny with your belly hanging out! On the other hand a good pair of Maternity Jeans is designed to grow with you. Sometimes a pair of Maternity Jeans like Seven Maternity Jeans or True Religion Maternity Jeans is just the thing to lift your spirits on one of those dreaded days when you're feeling fat! You will also want a pair of maternity jeans even after you deliver for at least a few months while you work off that excess baby-fat.
Where Does the S-t-r-e-t-c-h Come From?Different brands have decided to add comfort and stretch to their denim lines in several different ways:
- Stretch Denim - Most brands like: Seven Maternity Jeans, Citizens of Humanity Maternity Jeans, and True Religion Maternity Jeans;
- Side panels that adjust with buckles, Velcro, snaps, or similar devices - Try: Habitual Maternity Jeans;
- Low waist - To fit below your growing stomach, which is also referred to as the bump;
- Buttonhole Extenders;
- Inside waist cinch - Habitual Maternity Jeans
- Belly Panel - Most Brands: Seven For All Mankind maternity jeans, Earl maternity jean, True Religion maternity jeans, Joe's Jeans maternity, Habitual maternity jeans, and most other brands.
What Size Do I Buy?We recommend when buying designer maternity jeans to buy at least one size up from your pre-pregnancy size. This will work for most designer denim brands, as they tend to fit a little tighter than your average Walmart or Target brand of jeans. Otherwise your normal size should be fine, especially if they have an adjustable band or buttons.
Where Can I Buy Maternity Jeans?eBay, of course!!!
- Also try:
- A Pea in The Pod - apeainthepod.com
- Motherhood Maternity - motherhood.com
- Sierra Lane Maternity - sierramaternity.com
- Due Maternity - duematernity.com