There is one, easy way to fix the speed and performance of your computer. If it does not work, chances are, you need a new laptop/desktop computer. Follow the instructions below to enhance the speed and performance of your computer. These instructions are quite easy to follow but if you find any difficulty, you may contact your computer manufacturer for assistance or Google the issue you are experiencing..
Note: Your computer's performance will NEVER be the same as it was when it was first powered on. It isn't possible for a computer to lose it's age and run as brand new again, unfortunately. This article will help improve your CURRENT performance and will help speed up your PC a little bit or a lot, depending on a variety of things. There are thousands of articles online that are available for your access at any time that can help explain this a little better. I just wanted to give you a heads up regarding this before you take the time to do these six steps I provide you. Good luck!
Enhance your computer's performance in six easy steps!
1) Power on your computer and log into the administrator's account
2) When loaded, click the windows button in the bottom left of the desktop
3) To the right of the start menu, you will see "Control Panel". Click that to enter the PC's control panel.
4) You will see many sections under the control panel. Click "Programs".
5) Once you click on that section of the control panel, you will see many sub-categories. Click on "Programs and Features" sub-category.
6) A large (or possibly small) list of programs will load on that screen. The programs that load on that screen are ALL the programs that are installed and downloaded onto your desktop/laptop computer. Browse through this list carefully and remove ALL programs that you no longer use or are in-active. Doing so will clear up mega-bytes (MB) or even giga-bytes (GB) on your hard drive. The more space your hard drive has, the faster it will run, load and the greater the performance.
If these six steps above do not help improve the performance of your laptop, it may be time for a new one. If you need further assistance, below is a list of phone numbers for most computer manufacturer's technical support and customer support centers.