Last Dates for Sellers, if Something Goes Wrong With the Transaction
* 0 hours after auction close: First chance to initiate a Case for buyer to cancel transaction. If buyer does not respond after 7 days, seller can close the case and receive Final Value Fee credit.
* 12+ hours before auction close: Last chance to cancel the listing or to make changes in the listing
* 02 days after auction close (as of April 16, 2013): First date to open Unpaid Item report (UPI). First date to close the UPI is 4 days after opening.
* 07 days after payment: Last date to ship, and remain within PayPal Seller Protection
* 20 days after buyer files a PayPal Dispute: Last day for buyer to escalate to a Claim, or case will be closed in seller's favor.
* 21 days after payment: Last date to ship to avoid possibility of losing PayPal membership
* 21 days after shipping: first date USPS will consider a package as lost Note: if an Item Not Received (INR) claim was filed earlier, by the buyer, the seller may have to refund well before the USPS will consider the package as lost.
* 30 days after auction close: Last date to send an invoice, if seller wishes to do so.
* 30 days after payment: Last date to ship without violating FTC rules (unless extension was granted)
* 30 days after buyer files an eBay case Last day for buyer to escalate the Case, or Case will be closed in seller's favor.
* 32 days after auction close: Last date to file Unpaid Item case
* 36 days after auction close: Last date to close the Unpaid Item case. If seller does not close it, eBay will close it on day 37, in favor of the buyer.
* 45 days after sale: Last date to request buyer to cancel transaction
* 45 days after payment: Last date a buyer can file a complaint against the seller (no matter what earlier date the seller specified in the listing)
* 60 days after transaction: Last date for seller to close cancellation request. If seller does not close cancellation request, eBay will close it on day 61, in favor of the buyer.
* 60 days after auction close: Last date to leave positive feedback (seller cannot leave neutral or negative feedback at any time)
If you found this information useful, please click on the YES button, below. If you would like more / specific guides on maintaining your safety on eBay or PayPal, send me a message via eBay's Message System.
Looking for a list of internet and governmental watchdogs to which you can complain if you were scammed or cheated? Visit my ME page, and follow the trail of breadcrumbs to the "Got Stung, Got Scammed?" area.