STRINGING AN ANTIQUE DOLL WITH BISQUE HEAD
You need for your work :
- a wire with hook in the length as the doll's torso and upper leg is
- hook for your doll head
- maybe somebody who can helps you ( for a large size and heavy doll)
Starting with the head for attaching doll's torso and legs .
1. Cut a piece of elastic in the length of the doll's torso and upper legs , cut one piece doubled for both legs !
2. Place the hook in the head's neck opening and attach the elastic.
3. Take the wire with hook and start at lower torso , pulling elastic through : torso , right upper leg and ball ( if your doll body is ball-jointed ) by stretching elastic very strength attach it on the hook at the lower leg , do the same work on the left leg
4. Stringing arms : cut a piece of elastic in the length of both arms plus torso's diameter
Attach the elastic on the right hand , pulling elastic through : - lower arm - ( ball ) - upper arm - torso - left upper arm - ( ball ) - left lower arm - attach elastic by stretching at the left hand .
Good luck !