- Ask the seller if you can have a "friend" stop by. If they hesitate or refuse well then there's your answer. A reputable dealer will never deny you this. In fact they'll likely tell you they would want to fire up the equipment for you to see it!
- Be sure you understand all shipping and crating costs upfront!
- Look at feedback, ask about the company's longevity
- Clarify electrical and model numbers before purchasing
- call the company and get a human on the phone!!!! This is the single most important factor
- Ask if they will custom crate the item to ship it
- ask the sales person if they are familiar with the equipment, maintenance, have contacts at the company, can recommend a service tech in the area, understand shipping pitfalls for that type of equipment
Buying new and used restaurant equipment on ebay can be a good deal- shop smart!