Juicy Couture Jewelry and Accessories are heavily replicated and sold on eBay. Be an educated buyer before spending your money! This guide provides insight on how to successfully purchase authentic Juicy Couture accessory items.
UPDATED FALL 2009
Auction Title Variations to Watch For
Fits Juicy Couture - This is the most commonly used term in auction titles for knock-off, replica, and fake Juicy Couture jewelry. If doing a search for Juicy Couture charms, bracelets, necklaces, etc, these auctions will appear in the search results. To avoid these listings, be as specific as possible when searching for authentic Juicy Couture accessories. Another trick, list the word, authentic or auth, in your search results for Juicy Couture accessories.
Juicy Toggle Link Couture Charm Bracelet: Watch out for auction titles that have filler text between the words Juicy and Couture. These items are not authentic Juicy Couture merchandise, but are worded this way so that they will appear in search listings.
Juicy Cuture Bracelet Charm: Watch out for spelling variations of Juicy Couture that are abbreviated, misspelled, etc, they may also appear in search listings.
Juicy Silver Heart Necklace, or Charm, or Bracelet: Watch out for partial brand name auction titles that list the model but not the make. For example, Juicy Couture has a Lady Juicy, Love Luck Couture bracelet. This item is heavily replicated and sold on eBay. Because the words Juicy and Couture are part of the name of the style of the bracelet, it will come up in search results.
Things To Ask and Look For To Assure Authenticity
- Is the item pictured with its original Gift Box? Most all Juicy Couture jewelry and accessory items come with a Gift Box. If the box is not pictured, ask the seller will the original gift box be sent with the item.
- Insignia Markings. All Juicy Couture charms will have the Juicy crown engraved on the lobster clasp. Some charms will also have the Juicy crown, the Juicy Yorkie crest, the word Juicy Couture, or Love G & P, engraved on various locations of the charm. Make sure it's there!
- SKU Numbers. Also referred to as the product Item Number. All Juicy Couture accessories have an assigned SKU number. If not already listed in the auction description, ask the seller for the SKU number of the item. When the item is received, make sure the SKU number on the bottom of the Gift Box is the same.
- Authenticity Guarantee vs. Satisfaction Guarantee. Do not be fooled by these completely different terms. Ask the seller what is their guarantee of authenticity for the item they are selling. If an item is authentic, a seller will make it a point to indicate such in their listings. If the item is not authentic, they will not, it's that plain and simple. A satisfaction guarantee simply means, if you are not satified with the item, you may receive a refund.
- Copy of Proof of Purchase. Nowadays, it unfortunately does not carry much clout. A receipt can be duplicated and look better than authentic receipts. Use extreme caution.
- 100% Authentic - It's come to this. There are sellers who claim that they are selling 100% Authentic Juicy Couture accessories - but it's a scam to get your hard earned money. Click Here to see a Side-by-Side Comparison on My eBay ME Page of Juicy Couture Stud Earrings that are Authentic and Fake! Will you be able to tell the difference?
- Authenticity Guarantee - So you've come across an auction for a Juicy charm that looks like it's authentic, however, the seller has not specified in the auction description as to whether the item is authentic. Or, better yet, let's say the seller has specified that the item is: "100% Authentic or Your Money Back". Are either acceptable to establish authenticity? Be certain that your hard-earned money is being spent on authentic Juicy Couture merchandise and ask the seller if they have a double-money-back (etc) authenticity guarantee. Surely, if an item is authentic, a seller will gladly promote their authenticity guarantee policy and it's value, because, well, the items are actually authentic! However, if a seller is selling Fake Juicy Couture merchandise, there is no way they'd offer a double-money-back authenticity guarantee. Their purpose is to get your money, not give you theirs! Shop smart! Always look for at minimum, a double-money-back-authenticity guarantee before purchasing and Juicy Couture merchandise on eBay!
Picture Me This
Sometimes, a seller will use stock pictures of the item they are selling. This does not necessarily mean the item is fake - however use extreme caution - how do you really know that the item you are going to receive is authentic if the seller doesn't display an ACTUAL picture of it in the auction? If ever in doubt and you want to see more pictures, simply ask the seller. If the item is authentic, and the seller wants your business, sending additional pictures should not be a problem. Even if the seller states that the item is 100% Authentic, still ask questions! Also, check the sellers buying history to see if they are buying Juicy accessories from other eBay sellers, and then reselling it on eBay. Be VERY careful if the Juicy accessories are being purchased from eBay sellers who are overseas. 99.9% of the time, if it comes from overseas, it's fake!
The Only One On eBay
So you've come across a Juicy charm, or other accessory/jewelry item, that is a brand new release and Juicy Couture does not yet have it available for purchase - however, it's available on eBay. You might have wondered.....how can that be? Chances are....it can't be. Juicy Couture releases, for example, charms, to their authorized Juicy retailers/distributors following a scheduled time line. They do not release or pre-release charms sooner or outside of that time line. Additionally, Juicy's charms tend to be "seasonal" in design. For example, for Fall '08, some of the Juicy new release charms include the Corn on the Cob, Devil Yorkie, Turkey and Masquerade Mask charms. You would not see authentic versions of these charms available for purchase in Spring '08, or early Summer '08. However, I have seen several instances of just that! Again, how can that be? The charms are fake. Period. Because the authentic charms have yet to be released, it's almost impossible to tell that you've received a fake charm, because you'd have to wait for the authentic charm to be released, to compare it against. Use extreme caution when purchasing Juicy charms that are the only one on eBay. Also, use your better judgement - if you come across a Juicy charm that is a new release or even a rare, no longer manufactured charm, but the seller has several of the charms, or these types of charms available for purchase, this should be a red flag. Check the seller's feedback, and check the seller's buying history. I can assure you that there are sellers on eBay who purchase Juicy charms from eBay sellers who are overseas (Hong Kong, China, Australia, etc.), that are described as new releases or rare charms, but the charms are fake.
What The Fake Is This?
Excuse the pun, but I could not complete this guide without listing pictures of fake, knock off and replica Juicy Couture accessory items. To the untrained eye, it may be hard to decipher fake from authentic. Always question what appears to be uncertain. Before purchasing, check a sellers feedback. Let the experiences of other buyers be an example of the quality of the sellers merchandise and of how you can expect to be treated by the seller. Research Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdales or Nordstroms, to view the authentic Juicy Couture merchandise they have available. Sorry about the small pictures - eBay automatically resized them to the size you see below. It may be harder to see the differences between the fake and authentic accessories shown below, however, what it demonstrates is that the fake Juicy charms on eBay look very real - if you can't tell the difference from the auction photos, make sure to ask the seller questions pertaining to the authenticity of the item.
Click Here to get to My eBay ME Page to see larger pictures of the examples shown below. Also on my ME page is a comparison of Authenic vs Fake Juicy Couture Stud Earrings. Fake Juicy accessories expand far beyond charms! Make sure you visit my ME page for further side-by-side comparisons!
I am a Gold Powerseller of Authentic Juicy Couture Jewelry, Accessories, Clothing and Handbags. Email me with any authenticity questions or concerns you may have and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Please check back for periodic updates of this guide. There are several Authentic Juicy Couture resellers on eBay, but there are even more who sell fakes, knock offs and replicas. Shop safe and know what you are buying!
Thank you for taking the time to read my guide. If you found it to be at all helpful, please vote YES and tell a friend!