Jordan Melo 5.5 - Nike Air Jordan Melo 5.5 Review
The Carmelo Anthony commercials are all over early NBA broadcasts -
and, although I don't love Carmelo Anthony, the new Jordan Melo 5.5
Nike Basketball shoes are pretty hot! The leather look and Nike
Free-style side panels give breathable but comfortable fits. There is a
3M metallic tounge for the shiny street look. There is a series of
uncovered Nike Air panels across the base that give the
traditional Nike Air Basketball look.
Jordan Melo 5.5 Specs from Nike:
Best of all - and I wish all basketball shoes did this - Nike placed
sticky treads on the sole of the Jordan Melo 5.5 to give great traction
for cutters and guards. Brilliant.
Of course the first version of the Jordan Melo 5.5 comes in Black and Denver Nugget blue.
* Full-grain leather upper delivers a smooth, comfortable fit.
* New eye-stay system provides variable lock-down.
* Perforations in the upper ensure breathability.
* Visible heel Air-Sole unit mixes with a forefoot encapsulated Air-Sole unit for max cushioning.
* Fabric-wrapped Phylon midsole extends up the heel for added ankle support.
* Internal shank plate creates support and torsional rigidity in the midfoot area.
* Modified circular and dual level herringbone patterns ensure excellent multi-directional traction.
* Strategically placed solid and translucent "sticky" rubber promises superb stop-and-go.
* 3M reflective tongue adds serious flash.