As always, professional installation is recommended; however, we have provided a general set of guidelines to aid with the installation.
Suggested tools for this installation:
A. Heat Gun
B. Prying device preferably plastic.
C. Adhesive remover.(We used 3M Bug, Tar and Adhesive Remover spray)
Basic Guidelines for Emblem Install:
- Using a heat gun on low heat carefully apply heat to the emblem. WARNING: Do not overheat parts otherwise damages may occur!
- Attempt to remove the emblem by hand very carefully. Pay special attention not to damage the bumper surface.
- If needed use a plastic prying device to aid with dislodging of emblem (Dental floss or fishing line has proven to be effective). WARNING! Be careful not to damage paint or bumper cover.
- Once emblem is removed, use adhesive remover to clean surface (3M adhesive remover can be used as a cleaning agent). Surface must be clean for proper adhesion!
- With emblem off, peel plastic mask off of new emblem.
- Carefully apply the emblem to surface noting the alignment marks. Apply pressure to emblem on surface for duration of 60 seconds. This is important in promoting strong surface adhesion.
- Make sure emblem is aligned and installation is complete.
- Curing time for the adhesive is 24 hours. Do not let water or any other liquid get on the emblem or else the adhesive bond will be damaged.