The human brain is an object recognition system par excellence that for exceeds the best computer systems ever invented. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is crucial to sustaining a healthy brain. Stress, substance abuse, poor diet, physical inactivity, lack of sleep are all known to negatively affect the brain as well as increase our risk of succumbing to diseases like Alzheimer's. Recent studies have even linked high-fat diets earlier in life to the later development of Alzheimer's disease, especially in people who are already genetically predisposed to it.
Indeed, one of the best things we can do for our brain is to simply keep exercising it. (Use it or loose it!). Puzzles and brain-teasers are a good way to keep our neurons in shape. Become an active observer of the world around you. Create mental "snapshots," or vivid images, of things you want to remember.
</p>Studies comparing heart tissue from young people with that from elderly people have shown almost no significant mitochondrial dysfunction in young hearts, with significant, often severe mitochondrial dysfunction in elderly hearts.
The cells that are most susceptible to mitochondrial energy depletion with advancing age are the brain, skeletal muscle and heart muscle cells. Idebenone thus offers a prime anti-aging effect here in several ways. Unlike Co Q10, even under the low oxygen conditions that may occur periodically over a lifetime, Idebenone will serve as a powerful mitochondrial free radical quencher, lessening the ever-increasing mtDNA damage that occurs with age. Idebenone will work even better than Co Q10 within the electron transport chain to keep energy production high, even under hypoxic conditions. This is especially critical to brain and heart cells that may be rapidly damaged during low ATP production episodes that occur due to poor tissue oxygenation
who can benefit from Idebenone?
1. Healthy people wishing cognitive enhancement and brain energizer effects.
2. Stroke victims wishing to improve memory, emotional or speech disturbances.
3. Alzheimer's and cerebrovascular dementia patients.
4. Those preparing for major surgery, especially brain, heart, liver or kidney.
5. People with heart energetics problems, e.g. cardiomyopathy, ischemic heart disease, congestive heart failure.
6. People with myelination problems, e.g. multiple sclerosis or "white matter" stroke injury.
7. Those seeking to increase their general energy and vitality levels.
8. People with especially high endurance energy needs, e.g. cross country skiers, long distance runners.
9. Those at risk of excitatory amino acid brain damage, e.g. people who routinely consume large amounts of aspartame sweetened foods/ drinks, or those who routinely eat MSG or "hydrolyzed vegetable protein" containing restaurant or prepared foods.
10. People wishing to enhance the brain serotonin benefits of tryptophan or 5-hydroxy-tryptophan supplements or SSRI herbs and drugs, such as St. John's Wort, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, or Luvox etc.
11. Those suffering acute or chronic liver damage from poison mushrooms, toxic chemicals, hepatitis.
Numerous studies have shown that idebenone is well distributed through-out the body after absorption, accumulating in cellular and organelle membranes, as well as in the electron transport chain, exactly where it does the most good!
Without CoQ10, or a good substitute, human life quickly ends, and Idebenone is a "better Co Q10" that has been extensively researched the past 15 years.