Firstly, I want to say that all my sterling silver items are real 925 sterling silver，that is, composition of 92.5% pure silver and the remaining 7.5% alloy; Usually the alloy will be copper. You can feel confident to buy them. Our company has a strong customer base through out the globe and is well known for quality products.
Maybe you have been troubled by some supposed “silvers” items actually contain no silver at all. Such as the German silver and nickel silver, they are just the names for alloys that look like silver but have no silver content. Our sterling silver is guaranteed. If you purchase any imitated items from 8season, please feel free to contact us. We will compensate you with times of item values.
Here are several tips for testing the sterling silver.
1.The simple and the first line test is a piece of magnet. Put a sterling silver item close to the magnet, if the magnet is attracted, it is not silver.
2.To test silver content, you can place a drop of silver reagent on a notch in the metal. Pure silver will turn bright red, while sterling will turn much darker red. Silver 800 will turn brown, 500 silver will turn green.
3.Add a drop of nitric acid also can test the sterling silver easily. Silver-plated; nickel silver or low quality silver alloys will turn green because of the high copper content, while the sterling will turn a creamy color.
But be aware of the risk of handling the above chemicals, it is toxic and dangerous.