How do you tell if your Tod's shoes are Real or Fake and what should you look for before you purchase from any Tod's seller on or off of eBay?
We have been selling authentic Tod's on eBay for over 10 years and buy 99% of our Tod's directly from a US Tod's store and 1% from one of the two largest luxury retail stores in the US. Please know that all Tod's sold from Downtowngal or downtowngalshoes dot com are REAL, Authentic and personally purchased and photographed by us. Recently I have started seeing a lot of FAKE Tod's and Hogan shoe sellers on eBay and non eBay email sites.
Here are a few tips to spot a FAKE Tod's or Hogan shoe:
1) Seller is located in China and says shoe is from this season and the styles don't match what is on the currect Tods.com website, actually any Tod's or Hogan shoe being shipped from China is a little suspicious in my opinion (since they are made in Italy, not China)
2) The size is located under your foot right by the Tod's name (REAL Tod's only have the size listed on the inside of the shoe on the side or under the lip of the shoe.) So if the seller does not show you a photo of the inside of the shoe, ask for that photo.
3) Seller says shoes are new but can't provide box or invoice or dust bag
4) There are VERY few authorized website that can sell Tod's shoes, read their return policy and About Us sections and see if the grammar is correct. Also, if you can't find where the website is located, run for the hills, they are not real.
5) Buy from sellers on eBay with feedback in the thousands, that usually is a safe bet, also read their feedback.
Feel free to email us with questions or to add more FAKE sites to the list below.
Here is a list of 4 known FAKE TOD's WEBSITES, todsmen dot com todsonlinesale dot org tods-shoes dot net cheaptodsshoes dot org