I've been studying Juicy Couture Daydreamer bags on eBay for quite some time and i've seen fake ones getting sold for really ridiculous prices so i decided to write this guide to help you distinguish the real from the fake.
- First off, know your Juicy Daydreamer bags! Go to the boutique and check out how a specific style is suppose to look like. Some fakes are easy to spot while others are not. The first bag (BAG A) is a genuine daydreamer, the second (BAG B) is a good fake, and the third (BAG C) is a really bad fake. Notice how all the fakes have tags. TAGS ARE EASY TO DUPLICATE!!
- Never ever purchase a daydreamer on eBay if there are no pictures of the interior of the bag! The interior tells you a lot about what you are buying. Here are a few things i've discovered:
- (a) The real daydreamers (BAG A) have a magnetic leather strap closure while a fake one (BAG C) has a zipper top closure. The lining of BAG C is also a different color!
- (B) Of course good fakes (BAG B) have a magnetic closure too so the next thing that helps separate it from the genuine one is the interior zipper compartment labeled "SHOP". BAG A's zipper teeth is made of metal! Remember this because it's a huge giveaway! Real ones either have silvertone metal teeth or goldtone metal teeth depending on the style of the bag. The zipper teeth of BAG B's is made of cheap PLASTIC!
- (C) There should always be three compartments inside a daydreamer bag. One zipper pocket in the middle labeled "SHOP", one open pocket on the side labeled "HELLO?", and another open pocket on the opposite side that has no printing. This is a picture of BAG C and it has so many compartments!
- (D) Another thing that helps you distinguish BAG A from BAG B is the leather strap attached to the heart shaped mirror inside the bag. The leather strap should have the text: "I am the Fairest." embossed on it! Not just printed on it but really embossed that you can feel and see the groove on the opposite side of the leather strap. ***Also, BAG A's text starts right near the heart mirror while BAG B's text starts in the middle of the strap and is not embossed. It's hard to see in the picture but the text in the second picture starts 4-5 inches away from the heart shaped mirror.
- Some fakes don't even have the "I am the fairest." print on it; instead is says "Juicy Kiss." hmmm
- Fakes often have plastic wraps on handles. However, real daydreamers have plastic wrapping on the leather strap and the heart shaped mirror on the inside of the bag.
- Fakes are made of poor quality material and have bad stitching. Pay attention to the top leather trim of the bag. Real ones have a nice smooth textured leather. Fakes ones are sometimes shiny, rough, and pebbly (if that's even a word).
- Know what color combinations that particular style you like came in! Here's a recent 2007 style of the daydreamer. It only came in black/cream and pink/brown. These fakes come in serveral different color combinations and what do you know, the leather strap have plastic wrapping on them.
- NEVER EVER RELY ON A SELLER'S FEEBACK SCORE! I've seen powersellers getting away with selling fakes for $200+ when they are only worth $50. The best advice i can give you is to trust your instincts and do your research! Don't depend on a seller's word because i've had plenty of sellers lying to me about the authenticity of their Juicy bags. Look at the listing, examine the pictures, and read the fine print! Somestimes there will be some really discounted Juicy Couture bags. They are often store return bags that have been marked some way in the interior of the bag. Marks can be 2 small puncture holes, black tip slash on the pink label, or markered SKU # inside of the zipper compartment. REMEMBER, if something is too good to be true, it probably is!!!
There are other great guides on here that help you spot fake Juicy Couture bags but this is just my knowlegde of the Daydreamer bags. They are just so cute and practical! Well, I hope i've been of some help to you!