You know it's a fake if:
1. the disc has a green, purple, blue, or gold tint to it
2. the disc lable is handwritten or appears to be printed off of an ink jet printer
3. the disc is in a standard jewel case
4. the case has spelling errors on the front or back
5. the case has blurry pictures or faded colors
6. the case is extremely thin
7. the case is opaque
8. the upc code on the back of the case is not in all black ink
9. the disc or case has "dvd-9" written anywhere
10. the disc can be held up towards the light and tilted to one side to see a manufacturers name on the disc
How to protect yourself:
1. check eBay feedback prior to purchasing
2. if a dvd, cd, or game is shipping from Asia, this does not necessarily mean they are fake, but you should be wary as most counterfeits come from this region
3. if a seller has stated that they lost the case or only have the disc, again this does not necessarily mean they are selling a fake, but it should cause some concerns and at least raise a red flag in your mind.
4. look at the eBay picture and confirm that nothing looks out of the ordinary
5. if you are at all concerned, feel free to reach out and ask the seller.
What to do if you purchase a fake:
1. leave negative feedback for the seller to protect other buyers looking to buy from the seller
2. file a claim with eBay
3. file a claim with Paypal
4. contact the FBI as this is a federal crime
5. you can also contact the Better Business Bureau and the studio that officially released the movie
Please click yes at the bottom if this guide was helpful.