How To Make A DIY Tassel Chain Necklace
This tassel necklace is a great accessory for any summer outfit!
As anyone who loves fashion can attest, it’s hard to not be a jewelry lover.
We all know that it’s OK to splurge sometimes, but what if there was a way to be thrifty and trendy all at once? Spoiler alert: There is!
If you’ve seen people rocking tassel chain necklaces, you’ve probably noticed they’re the perfect accessory to transform a boring “jeans and T-shirt” look into a polished “jeans and T-shirt” look.
Now, thanks to this incredibly easy tutorial, you’re only a few minutes away from being the proud owner of your very own DIY tassel chain necklace. This handmade necklace is perfect for dressing up even the most basic of outfits.
You can easily mix and match to create your very own style. Make it unique, make it yours! Tassels are on trend this year, and I love to make jewelry that incorporates the current trends but also stays true to my style.
Check out the step-by-step tutorial below to see exactly how to make a tassel chain necklace.
1. Gather Your Materials
For this project, you’ll need:
2. Fold Manila Folder In Half To Desired Tassel Length
3. Wrap Embroidery Floss Around The Folded Square
4. When You Have Desired Thickness, Loop Thread
5. Transfer Embroidery Floss Over To A Pencil
6. Tie A Knot Around The Thread To Make A "Bubble"
7. Cut The Loop At The Bottom To Make A Tassel Fringe
8. Cut Wire To Desired Length & String Half The Beads
9. Add Tassel At The Center, And String More Beads
10. Tie Off The Wire And Enjoy Your Necklace
With tassel jewelry being on major trend right now, why not make your own version. This necklace is super simple to make and is a stylish (and stunning) accessory for any outfit!
Love this fun DIY? Please SHARE it with all your fashionable and crafty friends and family.
Find more craft beads and jewelry-making supplies here.
More articles to explore
- How to Choose the Right Necklace Length
- Native American Jewelry Buyers Guide
- Buying Wholesale Costume Jewelry Lots on eBay
- What’s the Difference between a Pendant and a Necklace?
- Jewelry Selling Guide
- Opal Jewelry Buying Guide
- How to Make Your Motorcycle’s Exhaust Louder
- How to Make Your Car Smell Like New
- Timing Belt vs. Timing Chain
- How to Make Your Car Last Longer