Your favorite wool coat has kept you warm all winter and now needs to be taken care of until next Season. During the very harsh winters these coats can indeed take a beating. Now that winter is over for this year, it is time to take care of your coat until it is needed again. The type of care method for a coat will depend on its fiber content. Wool coats need extra care than other coats made of other fibers. For the most part these tips will help to keep them looking great all year round and for years to come:
- At the end of each wear brush your wool coat before hanging it back in the closet. Use a gentle garment brush and brush it from top to bottom , this will help to remove any surface dirt that was accumulated during the day. Spot clean any stains by blotting with a clean damp sponge and dry with a clean white cloth. If it rained or snowed heavily let it air dry before hanging it back in the closet. Do not hang coat close to radiator or heat source of any kind. This will cause the wool to shrink and or to become discolored.
- Wear a scarf to avoid soiling of the collar if possible. Hair products can seep into the wool and will also casue damage and discoloration.
- Wool is a favorite snack for larva. The chemicals from your hair products and oils from your skin make the wool a favorite food for them. To protect your wool especially after the winter, clean it before storing and keep it in an air tight container.
- Read the labels for cleaning instructions. These instructions are nto to be ignored if you want your coat to remain looking great longer.
- Your wool coat is an incredible flexible coat and can last many years to come with great care. Resting it between wear also help to keep it looking good by helping it to return to it's natual shape and also remaining wrinkled free.
For some of the finest wool coats visit My Ebay Store.