A Guideline to Tap the Unrealized Height Potential.
Many people wonder if its possible to increase height after puberty. Medical professionals' do not have sufficient evidence to prove that you can. Usually before we reach 24 years of age the growth plates in our body closes. It's extremely hard, therefore, to grow taller after that. There are many products in the market today that claim to increase height of adults, but more or less they are all scams without sufficient scientific evidence to back their claim. You can, however, increase your height surgically by undergoing leg lengthening procedure but those surgical options are expensive and extremely risky.
Well, then what options are available for an average Joe or Jenny to grow taller after the body stops growing? Frankly speaking there is no magic pill for gaining height - until of course some major medical breakthrough is uncovered; we are basically left with exploring two options to help us create an impression of being taller.
First, by exercising to improve your posture. And second, by following some smart fashion ideas by dressing taller. Both these methods will help you increase your perspective height. What this means is that you can walk taller by creating a visual impression of being taller.
There are many stretching exercises that can help you improve your posture. You will be surprised how much of height you could gain by simply improving your posture. By proper exercising you could discover the height that is hidden behind your slouchy back. Some effective stretching exercises include touch toes, wall stretch, hanging, and cobra:
Touch Toes: Keep your feet as close together as possible and back straight. Raise your hands above your head, and slowly bend over forward to touch your toes.
Wall Stretch: Stand up against the wall while keeping your back straight as much as possible. Reach your hands up as high as you can by getting onto your tip toes.
Hanging: Simply hang yourself from a bar to lengthen and strengthen your spine. Use wider grip for better results.
Cobra: With your body face down and palms on the floor try to arch your spine as far back as possible.
These exercises are just some examples to include with your daily exercising program. Taking part in active sports, like swimming, cycling, and sprints will help stretch and strengthen your body.
Touch Toes Wall Stretch Hanging Cobra
By following some smart fashion techniques you can very much create an illusion of looking tall. This increase in visually perceived height can create more illusionary inches than you might have thought was possible. Here I'll give you a few fashion tips that will help you uncover those illusionary inches:
- Dark colors like black and navy has tall elongated effect. Try adding more dark neutral colors into your wardrobe.
- Go for lighter or medium weight fabrics instead of bulky materials. Heavy fabric will make you look shorter and bulkier.
- Wear vertical strips to give a longer and stretched outlook.
- Dressing yourself in dark neutral monochromic colors will instantly make you look slimmer and taller. Dressing in the same color pant and shirt will create an unbroken line for an elongated effect.
- For shorter men short hair is usually preferred over long hair. Longer hair tends to hide the neck making you look even shorter.
- It is better to tuck your shirts in. Un-tucked shirt will create an illusion of shorter legs making you look short.
- Wearing a long overcoat will also create an illusion of shorter legs. Wear an overcoat long enough to cover your jacket. However, for short people, its better to avoid wearing overcoat altogether, if possible.
- The pants should sit at the natural waistline. Neither too high, nor too low. Ideally the pants should rest just above the hips.
- Anything loose and baggy is a big NO. Proper fit is the key for creating the height illusion.
- Turtle neck sweaters tend to hide the neck and V-neck, on the other hand, creates a longer neck effect. Avoid wearing turtleneck sweaters.
WalkTallShoes - Height Increasing Shoes for Men