Looking to go to college? Want to get that scholarship and save yourself some big money? Follow the guide. You do not need straight A's to get a scholarship, if that is what you are thinking. So, let me, greenhappykat, guide you to get that scholarship you've been dreaming of.
First of all, there are many different scholarships out there. You can get a scholarship for just about anything, from playing sports, to being tall, and by your religion and heritage! Just follow my steps and save big on college!
1. Do not wait until the last minute to find scholarships. There are plenty of scholarship websites out there, just go to Google and search for some of them. Your best bet is to find those scholarships and apply for them one year in advance before going into college.
2. If you want to go to graduate school, and you are a graduate student, apply for a fellowship.
3. Research about the scholarship you are applying for. Some scholarships may cover books, a deduction off the tuition cost, a full-ride scholarship, and some will just cover room-and-board.
4. If you cannot apply online, always use a No. 2 pencil while applying by paper.
5. Be sure to include information about your number of children in college, number of children in your household, and the annual family income.
6. You'll need to answer some questions about yourself, such as social security number, phone number, address, citizenship, etc. Be prepared for that.
7. Make sure to put in detailed descriptions about what you are applying for. For example: if you excel in the arts, write up a detailed explanation and make prints of your work, and submit that as well. Having that as well will definitely make you a better candidate for the scholarship.
8. Only mail your scholarship application to the provided address.
9. It is going to take a while to process, however it is worth the wait to save you some serious money. Be patient, and hope for the best.
10. Think logically. If you do not apply for a scholarship, that is like telling someone who wants to give you a couple thousand dollars that you do not want the money. Go for it, apply, and collect your scholarship. :)
I took some time to post and research all of this for your aid so PLEASE take one moment to click on YES (right below here) before closing this window...thank you!! :)