To keep your fabulous sparkly prisms fabulous and sparkly, it's a good idea to remove the layer of dust that inevitably settles from season to season. It's an even better idea to keep the window clean so you get pure, unfettered sunlight streaming in to light up these faceted beauties so you can get the very best rainbow blasts possible.
What NOT to do, plus this is a real hassle:
(1) Don't even think about putting your crystals in the dishwasher, it is amazing how many people do this and wonder why their crystals turn into scratched and dented echoes of their former selves.
(2) Don't ever use paper towels or Kleenex or toilet tissue on your prisms. These are paper products made up of tiny wood fibers that will scratch and dull your prisms over time.
(3) Don't ever use solvents such as rubbing alcohol or worse, Benzine. Any fused coatings on the AB coated prisms will be destroyed. Also, that stuff reeks.
(4) Don't be tempted to soak your prisms in sudsy water, then expect to drip, dry and massage clean without breaking at least one of your prisms; most likely your slippery prism will behave like a bar of soap and slip and slide itself to an early death by shattering on your hard counter or to tiny pieces all over your tile floor.
What is the best way to clean your prisms? Keep reading, check out part II...
In the meantime, you can buy one of those really expensive Swarovski cleaning kits for $40.00 or you can save yourself the $40 and have it to get 2 or 3 prisms from XinaCat and still have really clean prisms.
The Care & Feeding of Your Crystal Prisms Part II
So how do you keep your prisms nice and clean so you will keep getting those brilliant rainbows? It is so easy and you don?t even have to take your strung prisms down from your window. It also costs almost nothing.
(1) Go to your store and buy a gallon of windshield washer fluid for about $1.00. This will last you about 5 years or so, or you can use the rest for your windshield. Get some distilled water while you are at the store and a nice spray bottle unless you have a new & unused spray bottle around the house.
(2) Rinse out your spray bottle with some distilled water, NO TAP, that water coming out of your faucet contains minerals, which will leave splotches all over your prisms.
(3) Mix your distilled water and windshield washer fluid 1:1. That means, fill your spray bottle half full with windshield washer fluid and top it off with distilled water. This will now be called?XinaCat Prism Spray.
(4) Put a towel under all your prisms to catch spillage.
(5) SPRAY AWAY!! Spray until the dust comes streaming off. Then keep spraying.
(6) Walk away. If you followed these directions, you will have no water spots and you never had to fondle and possible wreck your lovely prisms.
So why does this work? Windshield washer fluid has a great drying agent in it so your prisms will get sparkly in no time. The stuff is good enough to get bug splatter and smog off your windshield, so it will do a fine job on your dusty prisms.
If you do have splotches left on your prisms, that means you had residue in your sprayer and crud in your mixture. All you have to do, is wet a soft cloth (like your favorite soft worn out T-shirt) with your new XinaCat Prism Spray and gently massage the affected prism. You will have shine and rainbow brilliance like never before!
Go check out XinaCat's HUGE choice of prisms you can get NOW on eBay: