Glass gems can be used for any number of things.
* Fish Tank Accents
* Costume Jewelry
* Creating New Games
* Bathroom Decorations
* Windows Suncatchers
* Fountain Decorations
* Christmas Ornaments
* Mosaic Designing
* Stained Glass Working
and much more.
So how do you go about buying what you need and what questions do you ask?
Let's assume you see an auction on eBay.com for Glass Gems. Here's a good guideline.
1. Read the Auction, Read the Auction. . . . then Read the Auction!
2. Ask the seller questions about what the Auction DOESN'T SAY!
If you do these two things you'll be able to make an informed decision if the glass
gems being sold are what you are looking for.
Some basic things to consider.
1. How clear is the picture?
2. Does the picture look like a flash was used?
3. Is color important to you? If so, what are your screen settings for your computer monitor? (This could affect the color as you see it.)
4. Does the seller accept returns on the product and give a money back refund for at least the product price?
5. What are the size of the gems? 12mm? 17mm? 19mm?
6. Are the made of glass? Does it say glass gems or just GEMS?
7. What is the seller's feedback rating?
8. Does the seller regularly sell gems so that you know you are getting the right answers to your questions?
9. How much is in a the packet you are considering bidding on? 10 ounces? 12 ounces? 16 ounces?
10. How are they packaged? Netting? Sealed Plastic Container?
11. How will they be shipped? Parcel Post? Priority Mail? UPS?
12. If you are creating a mosaic top for a coffee table, how many gems are needed per square foot?
13. If they are selling the gems by the number of pieces . . ask what the weight is. This will give you an idea of how much
you will be getting.
14. Are they coated, iridescent, translucent, clear?
The only way to be sure you are getting what you want and what you expect... is to ask questions and make sure you get the
answers. Good sellers will usually respond within 24 hours but they will always respond.
Good Questions . . . equal . . . Good Answers . . . equal . . . Good Purchases and happy eBayers!
Good Luck to All on Ebay!