Hey, this happened to me the very first day I bought my brand new Kyocera Strobe. I didn't purchase insurance. It was a HOT day and after I made the purchase of my brand new phone, the kids and I decided to go to the park. They were playing in the river there, and it just looked so refreshing that I decided to jump in clothes and all. My new phone happened to be in my pocket, and the old phone (to transfer numbers) was in my other pocket. Needless to say, the screens on them both looked like fish tanks. I thought for sure this was the end of my new Strobe and I would have to purchase another one at over $200. The Alltel store told me it was pretty much hopeless when I took it in there. When I got home I took the phone apart and put it in front of the fan to dry. Then I looked on the internet to see if it was possible for people to actually get their phones working again if this happens. This is the information that I found through a lot of research and it works.
1. When your phone gets wet turn it off immediatly, so it doesn't ruin it or short it out.
2. If the phone fell in salty, chlorine or dirty water run it through cold tap water to prevent any erosion. Alcohol also works great.
3. Take your phone apart. (the battery cover and take out the battery)
4. Set your oven temperature at 150 degrees. Don't be scared! On a really hot day inside your car it could get this hot. It won't ruin your phone!
5. Put your phone on a plate or dish and place it in the oven with the battery for 1 to 3 hours.
I tried this, and it really worked. I had my phone up and running within a couple of hours with no problems.