Yellow gold it beautiful. Not only is yellow gold the traditional choice for wedding and engagement bands, it’s also a beautiful and practical setting for gemstones. Yellow gold jewelry never goes out of style.
One of the reasons yellow gold is so widely cherished and appreciated is because it can be worked into almost any shape. From thin and delicate strands to very thin sheets, yellow gold can be manipulated into nearly any shape the jewelry artist desires. Because of this, there is great potential for yellow gold in the creation of truly beautiful and unique jewelry designs.
Furthermore, pure yellow gold does not tarnish and rarely causes problems for people with skin irritations.
The Purity of Yellow Gold Jewelry
If you look at your favorite yellow gold ring you’ll notice it’s marked 18K, 14K, or 10K. The K stands for karat. This system is used to describe the percentage of pure gold in any given item.
24K yellow gold is 100% gold. 24K gold is not appropriate for jewelry making because it is too soft. A better option for yellow gold jewelry is 18K gold. 18K yellow gold, marked ‘750’ in Europe, is made of 18 parts gold and 6 parts of one or more additional metals. This makes 18K yellow gold 75% gold.
14K yellow gold, marked 585 in Europe, contains 14 parts gold and 10 parts additional metals, making it 58.3% gold. 12K yellow gold is 12 parts gold and 12 parts additional metals, making it 50% gold and 10K yellow gold, marked 417 in Europe, contains 10 parts gold and 14 parts of additional metals, making it 41.7% gold. In the United States, 10K gold is the minimum karat that can be called "gold.” In the United States, the term ‘solid gold’ can be used to describe an item that's at least 10K gold all the way through.
The difference between an 18K yellow gold ring and a 10K gold ring is obvious. Whereas an 18K gold ring will be rich in color and shine, a 10K yellow gold ring will not have the color or luster as a ring made of a purer yellow gold.
Find Yellow Gold Jewelry on eBay
Once you know what you want, start searching under the eBay jewelry & watches category.
- Categories: The primary Categories list gives links to related listings. For example, if you search for jewelry & watches, you'll find links to Earrings, Necklaces & Pendants, Rings and other categories. There are also subcategory lists.
- Product Finder: The drop-down menus on a Product Finder allow you to search listings based on specific criteria.
- Keyword search: Search eBay listing titles for specific words. For example, if you want to find a yellow gold ring, type "yellow gold ring" (without quotation marks) into the Search box. Click "Search title and description" to expand your results. EBay also has a Search Tips page to help you choose keywords.
- If you can't find what you want, try shopping eBay Stores. You can also creating a post on Want It Now, or save a search on My eBay. eBay will email you when a match is made.
Buy with Confidence
- Before purchasing your yellow gold jewelry, make sure you know exactly what you're buying. Always research your seller, and understand how eBay and PayPal protect you.
Know What You Want
- Read product details carefully.
- Figure delivery costs into the final price. If you’re spending a lot of money, make sure the seller will insure the product when it ships.
- If you want more information, ask by clicking the "Ask seller a question" link under the seller's profile.
- Always complete your transaction on eBay (with a bid, Buy It Now, or Best Offer). If you buy outside of eBay it won’t be covered by eBay protection programs.
- Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash wire transfer services through Western Union or MoneyGram.
Know Your Seller
- Research your seller so you feel positive and secure about buying.
- What is the seller's Feedback rating? How many transactions have they completed? What percentage of positive responses do they have?
- What do buyers of say in their Feedback? Did the seller receive praise?
- Most top eBay sellers have return policies. Do they offer a money-back guarantee? What are their terms and conditions?
- ebay and PayPal are there for you if a problem arises.
- When you buy through PayPal, the seller never sees your bank account or credit card numbers.
- PayPal protects buyers 100% against unauthorized payments. PayPal Buyer Protection covers your purchase for up to $1,000.
- eBay Security & Resolution Center: Visit the Security & Resolution Center to learn how to protect your account and use eBay's quick and efficient resolution tools.