GUIDE TO BUYING JEWELRY ON EBAY
Ebay is a wonderful place to buy jewelry, especially diamonds. There are a few things to keep in mind:
1) Always look for quality images. Example: make sure the diamonds reflect properly in order to get a sense of their true cut.
2) Don't take the seller's word for it. Ask for authentication of the diamonds from reputable organizations such as the British Jeweler's Association or the National Color Diamond Association.
3) Buy from a reputable merchant. DeBeers and it subsidiaries own most of the world's diamond market. Their diamonds are usually tracked digitally from the moment of mining to delivery in the store.
4) If you must pay for shipping, be SURE TO GET INSURANCE. It's very important that diamonds are insured to protect against loss or theft. Ask the EBay seller if they have tips on how to do this safely.
5) Pursue the 4 C's of diamond selection: cut, clarity, carat, and color. A diamond is worth much more if you can value it properly.
6) Only buy a diamond for someone you love. They'll thank you for it!
7) When looking at gold, try to get between 14K and 18K. Less or more of a concentration will result in jewelry that could chip, bend, or tear.
NOTE: Our store currently offers a world-class selection of diamond brooches and pins. Check it out on Ebay at http://stores.ebay.com/mamalalas2007
Buy It Now