Got An Idea!
Everyone in the world has thought about how they could improve a product or had a brainstorm million dollar idea that hit them like a bolt of lightning. But, what do you do with this million dollar idea that you can't seem to shake off? I am going to tell you from experience in a nut shell exactly what you do with this million dollar idea that will save you a bunch of money to start:
1. Get yourself a notebook and start writing down your idea and especially date your pages.
2. Research your million dollar idea on the USPTO website or Google to see if some one else in this big world of ours came up with that idea too. Maybe not necessarily in this order because this should be the very first thing you do....
3. Of course, you are going to research and research to come up with your proto-type.
4. Once you have your proto-type, the worse thing you can do is start sending correspondence and talking to people and companies about it. Make sure you are Patent-Pending! This means you have submitted your invention onto the USPTO office by mail or electronically submission and you have an "Application Date" on file with the USPTO office.
5. But most IMPORTANTLY throughout this whole process of patenting your BIG idea! You need a Patent Lawyer. You can't patent your idea alone without a Patent Lawyer because the reality is YOU don't know the language that needs to be written in your patent submission. When it comes to patents and keeping people/companies from stealing your BIG idea, your written patent submission needs to be "language tight" no loopholes at all. Patent lawyers are expensive and you are going to need them for your BIG idea. Don't electronically submit your BIG idea patent without talking with a patent lawyer first! Now this word of advice will save you a boat load of money!
Word to the wise.....GiftsbyAngela