As an Ebay Seller I know you wish that every single customer would start on Ebay and easily find your items. Thankfully Ebay has over 90 Million users and it's growing every day.
However there are millions of potential customers spending time on the Social networking sites.
With all the people spending time on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest--This should be an important part of any Ebay Sellers marketing plan.
Pinterest is the new kid on the block but it is an amazing way to display your items for sale and get traffic. Because of the nature of Pinterest with Boards full of things people love or would love to have; it is expected that items are for sale. So it makes it expected for someone to pitch their products--within reason of course.
1. First you need to be invited to Pinterest. You can request an invite on the Pinterest site; or ask on any chat board or for friends to invite you.
2. Download the Pin App and you can now surf the internet for anything with a picture and Pin it to your Pinterest Boards.
Once you are on Pinterest; start setting up boards of things that really do interest you. I was an exchange student to Norway as a teenager and so I really do love all things Norwegian. So I have a pinboard of my favorite places that I want to travel back to or things I want to buy--None of which are my products.
I also have setup many other boards of recipes that i want to make and Then one for things that I sell. I have had some stagnant inventory that I have pinned and all of a sudden it has sold.
3. Pin your own Ebay inventory. go to any of your listings on Ebay and click in as if you were going to buy. On the Right Hand side of the page is a SHARE button and an email and icons for Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Click on the Pinterest Button and log into your account. You can now pin your item to any board you want.
4. Spend time on the site repinning items that interest you, and Following people who are likely to buy your products. I sell HOmeschooling and Teacher Curriculum so I have followed teachers and homeschoolers and I repin some of their items. Not surprisingly they have started to follow me and have purchased many of my items.
5. Remember to edit and add to your Pinboards often. If you have a link to an item that has sold; that link won't go anywhere. Also add items of true interest to you and you will gain followers without even giving out a sales pitch.
Thanks for reading the Guide and Happy Pinning