Take great care in fulfilling your customers purchase/order. Your customer will be able to tell if your priority lies in really caring about establishing and keeping your business reputable, or if you are in it just to make a sale.
Sure, making money is definately your goal, but you have to have the customers trust.
- Answer your e-mails personally and with personality. (Good personality.) And, of course, in a timely manner.
- Send an invoice if payment is not made immediatley. Attach a friendly note and give them a reasonable timeline in which payment is to be made.
- Package your item with care. If you are using a "used" box, make sure it is clean. (Customers appreciate a packing slip with a friendly note.)
- Ship the item as soon as possible. There is nothing better than receiving your "find", sooner than expected.
- Contact the customer when thier package is being shipped. PayPal will notify them if you are using their shipping services.
- Feel free to follow up in a friendly manner.
- Your feedback stategy is up to you. But be sure, when leaving + feedback, to include good personality.