All About Flea Medications
This is a guide for topical flea medications, discussing their similarities and differences.
Frontline Advantix and Advantage Similarities
- All these medications are topically applied on your pets neck, between their shoulder blades.
- All will start to work within 24 hours of application.
- All these medications work for about a month.
- All are waterproof and last through bathing, shampooing, and swimming.
- All are safe for pets over 8 weeks of age (ADVANTIX NOT FOR USE ON CATS)
Frontline Advantix and Advantage Differences
Frontline, Advantix, and Advantage differ in their ingredients and their purposes.
Frontline Top Spot and Frontline Plus are manufactured by Merial and both contain the ingredient fipronil which is effective against killing adult fleas and ticks. Frontline Plus, however, contains an additional ingredient - methoprene which aids in the control of all stages of the flea life cycle, killing eggs and larvae.
Advantage is manufactured by Bayer and contains the ingredient imidacloprid, which kills fleas and larvae on cats and dogs.
Advantix is also manufactured by Bayer and is for dogs only. In addition to containing imidacloprid, it has the ingredient permethrin - an ingredient to repel and kill ticks, and mosquitoes. Permethrin is toxic to cats, and should NEVER BE USED ON CATS.
NOTICE: It is against eBay policy to use another member’s content or pictures in their reviews without the other members permission. Anyone who violates this policy will be reported to eBay immediately. The content of this review is property of Pawshoppe.